Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

First Person Battles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragon Chaser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: First Person Battles Reply with quote

Hi there, been forever since I posted or worked on my game but I'm back to it. It's sat for 3 years but those hundreds of hours I invested kept calling me to finish my game.

I would like to know if possible can you do First Person battles like Dragon Warrior/Quest and how difficult would it be to do?

Thanks.
DragonChaserKev

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Even got my account :D Reply with quote

So yeah here was the link to that game for those of you who may remember http://kevrimney.com/dq/dc/dcinfo.html it says I was 90% done then... maps maybe.

Much more finished now after the last month working on it but so much to do still Raspberry!
I think I may take out a lot of the Dragon Warrior monsters I've put in but not all of them. It has to have a connection to that series.

And that leads me to my return, wondering how difficult making battles first person combat would be. If it's hard or impossible then not for this game but for the already planned sequel maybe.

Thanks.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to do a first-person battle is to leave the hero graphics blank, and to draw the enemies facing the camera.

There is also a bitset that allows you to disable the hero battle cursor so you won't see it blinking on the right side of the screen

You will probably also want to switch from "Active Time" battle to "Turn-Based" battle, if you have not done so already.

Will that be good enough for your purposes?
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. welcome back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum