Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Share Your Current Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really cool that you are using an Ouya controller. How do you like it?

I'll give your demo a try when I get the chance. That sounds like a pretty good timeline. What are your plans for the game once you are done?

I don't plan on having an official matching making server. I'll make it so that one person hosts and everyone else can join, but of course you need to know the host IP which works fine if you are playing with friends. I may have some form of unofficial system on my forum or something like that to find people to play with.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crown wrote:
That's really cool that you are using an Ouya controller. How do you like it?

The controller? Or the OUYA? I am enjoying my OUYA very much. It is a very indie-friendly platform. The Controller is just okay. A lot of OUYA Users prefer to sync a Playstation or Xbox controller with it.

Crown wrote:

I'll give your demo a try when I get the chance. That sounds like a pretty good timeline. What are your plans for the game once you are done?

First I am going to do an OUYA release, then I will try other Android-Consoles like the Fire-TV and whatever else has come out by then.

I don't know what my plans are for the Win/Mac/Linux version. I'll worry about that later.

Crown wrote:

I don't plan on having an official matching making server. I'll make it so that one person hosts and everyone else can join, but of course you need to know the host IP which works fine if you are playing with friends. I may have some form of unofficial system on my forum or something like that to find people to play with.

That seems like a good plan-- then you don't have to pay the hosting overhead :)
Crown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is OHR easy enough to port over to other platforms? Are you doing your development and testing on a PC? Have you managed to play it on the OUYA itself?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crown wrote:
Is OHR easy enough to port over to other platforms? Are you doing your development and testing on a PC? Have you managed to play it on the OUYA itself?

The OHR's Android support is pretty solid. It is still technically experimental, since it was all developed after the last stable release, but I I have published 2 of my games on the OUYA store, and helpes several other OHR game authors publish their games on OUYA or on the Google Play Store

Other ports like iOS are possible in theory, but I haven't taken the time to try and figure it out. XCode tends to give me a headache :)

I have been doing most of my testing on my Linux box, and just occasionally pushing a copy over to the OUYA.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Crown, nice to see more coming back eheh, ABEL has been cancelled though, I'm working on a new one called Ronins. I had been pretty busy with my game, making maptiles, walkabys and stuff. Speaking of the Android port I had been playing my new game in it everytime I get new progress and OHR's really awesome - it's like instant cool for the non hardcore guys. I'm hoping to publish it in googleplay but is Ouia a better option?

@James: Thos sprites are looking cool!
@Cale: Sucks when that happens. Last time I my computer crashed, we put the hard disk in the freezer and after some weeks it worked again lol.

Progress:
3 more PC sprites (as boss and as pc)

edit: L-R: The Devil, The Ninja Master, The Gaijin Bodyguard

edit: @Crown, that game looks badass, I love the romance of the 3 kingdoms hehe. As for non-OHR projects, I am using flash to make an adult platformer game
Crown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks great! Where are you getting the pixel art from?

What kind of adult game are you making?
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I make the sprites but the background used in that one is from some mugen game that I used for demonstration purposes. As for my flashgame, it's a platformer where you control an alien guy and get it on with elves lol
Crown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, those are some cool sprites. Do you have a gallery somewhere of other sprites?
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have a gallery as I only draw pixel sprites when I'm using OHR. I have a bunch of unfinished games though which contains a bunch of sprites ^_^
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlastedEarth wrote:
Sparrowhawk wrote:
BlastedEarth wrote:
Hey, the first one looks really cool!

Thank you. Making 20 x 20 16 bit Sonic Fan Character sprites is a LOT harder than I thought, but I like to think I did it okay. XD

The green haired one looks superb, the yellow haired one looks flat compared to the other but I suppose that one isn't done eh?

She's actually finished, but that was a back view of the sprite.

Front view looks like this:
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: