Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Share Your Current Project
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Share Your Current Project Reply with quote

For the benefit of the users who still hang around here, this is a thread just to hype whatever project you are currently working on

Personally, I have mostly been woroking on a side-scrolling metroidvania game called Vorpal Florist, done in the OHRRPGCE with plotscripting

What have *you* been working on?

Screenshots very welcome!
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, James, you already know about it, I'm making a Samurai-themed RPG with lots of sword fighting and probably guns.
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been spending my time with many MANY projects. Not all of them OHR related.

What IS OHR related is my main new-ish game. Known as "Melituri Madness". Based off of my Sonic Fan Characters and their world.

My other side OHR project is updating Shinryu's game: Shade. (With his permission.)
Before shot.

After shot to come when I get off my lazy ass. XP
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the first one looks really cool!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carcere Vicis. A demo is up, but I strongly recommend waiting for the next demo instead.

Also, some non-OHR games that aren't near screenshot status yet.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this looks cool, I'll take a look at this later. I'm also working on non-ohr games at the moment but they are nsfw ^_^
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like I said, you should wait for me to upload a bugfix release. The version I'm sitting on already has 90% fewer bugs than that release, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I will just wait for the new version, I just can't wait to test the gamestyle, Im guessing this is like those old rpg's where the flow is assisted by a sort of narrator panel?
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlastedEarth wrote:

Thank you. Making 20 x 20 16 bit Sonic Fan Character sprites is a LOT harder than I thought, but I like to think I did it okay. XD
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparrowhawk wrote:
BlastedEarth wrote:

Thank you. Making 20 x 20 16 bit Sonic Fan Character sprites is a LOT harder than I thought, but I like to think I did it okay. XD

The green haired one looks superb, the yellow haired one looks flat compared to the other but I suppose that one isn't done eh?
DarkLordCale
(-.-')

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this place still alive? Oh Great Will, I haven't posted here in over half a decade.

I regret to be informing, I think that perhaps I may not be finishing FF 5-2, lol. I actually got really close to the end. I made a >20 hour game, straight up to the beginning of the giant series of end dungeons. But... I got a little bored, and went on break. And once on break, I started writing a book, And then that computer broke, with the last backup I had of it being with months of work undone. For awhile, I was thinking of seeing if we still had that harddrive around anywhere, and fishing it out and seeing if there was anyone who wanted to finish it for me. (Not that I considered that plausible.)

Assuming I actually finish my book, I'll consider that a valid replacement though. I guess I'll head over to slimesalad to see who is still alive from here. ,':v
Crown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up about this thread BlastedEarth. It's cool to see that we have some enthusiasts working on games here. I must admit, I haven't actually used OHR but I love the community. I have been hanging around for several years now because I used to know one of the admins to Castle Paradox IRL. I have no idea what he's up to these days. Anyway, most of you know about my game, Sunset Over Lievnos, but for those who don't, you can find more info at www.sunsetoverlievnos.com. It's a turn-based strategy game inspired by Gemfire and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It started it's life an an iPad game but I have moved it to PC and I'm currently re-writing the core system to work for PC (with some new features!).

Carcere Vicis and ABEL are looking really cool, keep up the good work guys. Bob, do you have any screens for Vorpal Florist? I love Metroidvania games, so that sounds really interesting!

What kinds of projects non-OHR are you guys doing? I'm quite curious!

Last edited by Crown on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crown wrote:
Bob, do you have any screens for Vorpal Florist? I love Metroidvania games, so that sounds really interesting!

Here is a video with a little gameplay
http://vimeo.com/83251988
And here is the playtesting demo up to the first boss http://hamsterrepublic.com/tmp/vorpalflorist-playtest.zip

Right now I am working on animating this enemy:

but it is taking forever.

@Crown: So what sort of new features are you adding to Sunset Over Lievnos? How do you feel about the PC re-writing?

@DarkLordCale: What can you tell us about your book?
Crown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Bob, that's looking really good. Does your game support a controller? your current enemy looks great, can't wait to see it animated.

How far along are you in development? Any ETA for completion?

The porting part pretty much sucks. It's almost more of a complete rewrite since the features I'm adding require it. The plus side is that these features will make the game a million times better. The two major features I am adding are multiplayer and content creation tools. The content creation tools I am going to distribute with the game to allow people to create their own characters, story, and scenarios.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crown wrote:
Awesome Bob, that's looking really good. Does your game support a controller? your current enemy looks great, can't wait to see it animated.

I have been testing a lot on the OUYA Controller, and it works great on that. I haven't tested on a controller connected to my computer, but I will get to that eventually.

Crown wrote:
How far along are you in development? Any ETA for completion?

My goal is to have 4 bosses and an ending complete by the end of the year. I managed to get the 1-boss demo done in 3 months, so if I can keep up the pace I might make it.

Crown wrote:
The porting part pretty much sucks. It's almost more of a complete rewrite since the features I'm adding require it. The plus side is that these features will make the game a million times better. The two major features I am adding are multiplayer and content creation tools. The content creation tools I am going to distribute with the game to allow people to create their own characters, story, and scenarios.

Oh, wow, those are some excellent features.

How will multiplayer work? Turn-based through a central server?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: