Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

WIP: Ronins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested it, that is perfect! hahahaha

edit: eh... weird, still the same, first cast still doesn't do the revenge attack, but it happened once though... anyway it's alright for now hehe

edit: it did happen when I posted the first message ^_^

edit: it happened because the hero was attacked before the defensive stance was cast, so yeah it won't work during first turn eh
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is almost like the 3/4th setup only you can see the side of the buildings and there is a small convergence to some uniformly alligned vanishing points. I think it looks good but do you think it might be too weird? I'm thinking of using this setup for 'outside' scenes...

TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Parallel/aligned vanishing points" is actually no vanishing point at all. It's like you're looking at the whole scene from an angle, and without vanishing points, I feel, looks less realistic. However it's similar to an isometric style in that there's a clear 3D positioning of objects in the scene.

You seem very intent on having some 3D effect. Well, my personal preference is against that style. Maybe because I can only remember seeing it used in games that had unimpressive graphics. But I think you need a second opinion here.

You can get 3D effects in other ways, like the background in this image:

Crown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily dislike 3D effects although I do agree that it does look fairly jarring. I think it would take a very consistent and well polished style to make it work. Also, this may be just me, but I find it odd to look at when you see the sides of buildings coming from the left side of the building. I would much rather see the mirror image where you see the depth on the right side of the building. If that makes any sense.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tmc, which part of this picture do you mean... The pink sky and the mountains? Or the map itself with the house and the trees and paths?

@Crown: Interesting... Why do you prefer the mirror image?
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I mean the sky and mountains. Actually I think there's something odd with that image, somehow the part that the top building is on doesn't look much higher than the rest. I think it's because the shading of the trees and bushes is the same everywhere, forming a flat area, whereas normally slopes will have different shading over their surface. There's not enough disconnect between the higher and lower ground.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh those... I agree about the flatness in this image, it's not complete afterall but I was planning to improve the colors on that if I were to use it. Hmmm, I have made one room but It was built from the map maker out of single tiles. I thought that approach was much more economical. Is there a way to export an entire map made in ohr? Thanks
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean to export the map as an image, or to export a map so it can be reimported into the engine?

I've been meaning to add an option to export maps as .bmps. The easiest method is just to take a screenshot in the map editor or in-game. Hint, if you use a nightly and remove gfx_directx.dll before running game.exe or custom.exe, then you can resize the window to see more of the map (by dragging the bottom right corner), then take a screenshot.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC wrote:
Do you mean to export the map as an image, or to export a map so it can be reimported into the engine?

I've been meaning to add an option to export maps as .bmps. The easiest method is just to take a screenshot in the map editor or in-game. Hint, if you use a nightly and remove gfx_directx.dll before running game.exe or custom.exe, then you can resize the window to see more of the map (by dragging the bottom right corner), then take a screenshot.

Hi, that's a neat hidden feature haha. Well, it would be nice too to export entire maps as bmps!

Here:
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very nice art style!

One thing I notice is the lack of shadows. Is everything going to be like that?

Window resizing is only hidden because it's in-progress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: