Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

World Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: World Maps Reply with quote

Share world maps in this thread!

From IhopeIfinishthis.RPG

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Very colorful and cheery
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After translating it to normal-sized tiles, I found out that OHRodents' overworld is a 12x8 map, not even a 16x10.

The indoor spaces were weird, too. Top floor was 15x9 and basement was 16x11 or something like that. Clearly I didn't count perfectly since my _intent_ was for the game to consist of three 16x10 rooms zoomed in to 3x magnification.

I'm going to shrink that pond and expand the main inn building a bit, then improve the floor plan of the room itself. A version of OHRodents' world will be in this small project here, but not a 1:1 copy (and for another thing, I have more variety in tiles now that I'm not using 9 tiles per piece).

And this is the overworld of TutOHRial when you import the suggested tilesets. These roughly correspond to Skull-Shaped Island from the Northwest corner of the overworld in Trytuges and Southpaw Island, the location of another shelved project. Just how many of my game worlds take place on different islands in the same vast Fanta Sea?

I know I have at least three distinct worlds: Cireneg (Nathan's home world, a cube with a religion that worships Crystal Dragon Jesus and has numerous lesser gods), Dennis (a slightly silly but mostly straightforward fantasy Earth with Earth's geography and climate, standard fantasy stuff but also guns work; probably the distant past for Ken's setting) and Atmos (geographically Earth but all the nations and cultures have different names; setting of the Wolf's Quest series).

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: