Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Sword of Jade 1.12: Critical attack bug fix!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcenterprises

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some original tunes are still missing, including Gahn's theme and at least one of the tunes in Grinlow's Spiral. It may be hard to tell some of them apart from the ripped tunes since they aren't credited, but putting those particular tunes through Anvil Studio should reveal the name of the author in the instrument tracks or copyright comment. Also, some BAM fallback still remains.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking into it, because I can practically guarantee I probably missed a couple.

I just now manually deleted the BAM fallbacks from the game's working.tmp then saved the game. They should be gone forever now in the next update. If they somehow come back now then I guess they've earned their spots in the game's datafile.

edit: okay, March 6th version up. Robert Henson tracks restored. Clerical error on my part. The only one missing I believe is No Way Out, which will be restored in the next update.

edit2: and Papers
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update March 13 2013

- Most if not all silenced tracks have been replaced with CC-BY-A tracks from here

- a couple of my original placeholder tracks were replaced in the same way

- As much as possible, I tried to match the 'feel' of the song it replaced. In worst cases, I just tried to match the overall tempo.

- I decided to revert the Bach back to a midi version. The size of the distributions have shrunk about 50% (the zip is about 8MB now instead of 18MB)

Last edited by FyreWulff on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit a: game is now on slimesalad

edit: also, I've run into an interesting bug in my spotcheck after replacing the music. In the proem, once Katina starts her attacks, she goes into an infinite chain of increasing her accuracy. The attacks aren't infinitely chained in custom and haven't been touched since the original release. I went and checked the proem in Quaternion (w/ DOSBOX) and the battle works correctly... not sure what's going on here. The settings match between this and the original 2005 version, and I can't seem to fix it via custom.
Charbile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(when in doubt, make a new attack!)
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW I BATTLE SYSTEM
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaining when no chain is set?

Is it possible that "Number of Hits" in the "Damage Settings" menu got set to something > 1?
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enemy 17 - Katina

Has a single attack:

518 katina atk
Number of Hits: 1
Chains to: Attack 1 Acc Rate 100%

Attack 1: Acc
Number of Hits: 1
All Chains say 'None'

edit:
http://fyrewulff.com/fdc/swordofjade/jade-save.zip

Use slot 2 save to get to the battle faster.

It happens on either the latest version, or the 2005 version being played via the latest GAME in-place.

Please tell me I'm missing something obvious here?

edit: browse chain doesn't show an infinite loop either
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... this grows even more puzzling. I just used that save file with the sword-of-jade.rpg that I downloaded from SlimeSalad's gamelist, and Katina's attack worked correctly. There was only one Acc up after each of her attacks, no chaining weirdness observed.

I was testing on linux, but for something like this to be a windows-only bug seems pretty bizarre.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha. I go to record the bug happening.. and it doesn't happen! Battle went normally.

However, upon trying it again in both Alectormancy and Bufo, it happened again. So the bug triggering seems to be random, but have a high probability of occuring (at least for me)

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSe5WkhWomo&feature=youtu.be
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting!

That is not attack #1 that is looping. It seems to be happening after Dart's attack, not after Katina's... but I traced Dart's Bane sword attack, and its chains seem fine too.

Then I notice that the looping attack animation seems to be moving around slightly...

I checked Katina's spawning, and saw that she spawns an invisible enemy named "katina hit" in response to certain elementals, which does a 519 "gahn heal" attack. the katina hit enemy then kills itself with the 512 killslm attack

Judging by the animation, gahn heal is the attack that is stuck in the loop, but I am still puzzled as to why this is happening. That attack does seem to be set up correctly. I do think this is more likely to be an enemy spawning bug, rather than an attack chaining bug.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does seem to be it. I made a placeholder enemy graphic for that enemy, gave it the death animation 'Sink into ground' and started the battle.'

First time it went fine. enemy properly sunk into the ground.

The second time it went wrong again. You never actually see the enemy sink into the ground, it's just spawning the enemy over and over again within a a small x-coord range of the original enemy.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you have to be kidding me. I went into the battle, it worked properly, so I was going to record the version of it working properly. So I stop playing (without pausing) and fire up Xsplit. I come back to the game, do an attack so I can record the proper death (set to Evaporate this time, because I like that effect) and it started doing the bug in the middle of the battle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaYObjIWgwo&feature=youtu.be

So the bug can suddenly trigger in the middle of a battle, it seems
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... You know, I could swear there are multiple copies of that placeholder enemy in that video.

Could you enable debugging keys, and then press F11 in battle and try to reproduce the bug. F11 will show ready-meters and some debug values ofr all enemies.

After that, play the battle again, and this time press F11 twice at the beginning of battle. F11 twice will display the attack queue.

If you can record both of those, it would help.

EDIT: I finally managed to reproduce this bug myself. I waiting until everybody's ready-meter was full, then I held down the space bar, so two heroes attacked Katina right after each other, causing a second "katina hit" invisible enemy to spawn. Then the two katina hits get stuck in a loop of healing Katina and healing each other over and over again. Their killslm self-kill attacks get into the queue over and over and over, but they just accumulate and never actually happen.

I think the bug is happening because speed 999 regular attacks are taking priority over delay 0 chained attacks. This bug probably started when I re-wrote attack queueing to support non-blocking attacks.

I'll try to make a simplified test-case to reproduce it.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll make an attempt to record those tomorrow.

Update March 24th 2013

- Fixed more of the credits. All credits should be proper now for the content in the game

- Cleaned out some unused data

- Various enemies have been assigned new death animations that the engine now supports
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: