Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Secret Fenrir Project Screenshots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Secret Fenrir Project Screenshots Reply with quote

Hiya! It's been a while! This place looks dead as heck, so let's spice it up a bit, eh?

Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still really like your art style. :-)
Will this game feel more serious than Vikings of Midgard?
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the whole the graphics are very nice of course. Specific complaints:

The water tile on the overworld seems to tile quite badly. I would draw a couple of variants and place them randomly, though that might be impractical if the overworld is large or if there are boats/airships.

I know Giz complained about some of the walls already, but what really bothers me are the buildings in the town screenshot. The roofs have zero thickness and don't stick out at all from the buildings (admittedly to have them stick out you would probably need to make the wall corner tiles not fill a whole 20x20 tile. But I think the way the roof connected to the wall looks pretty bad.

And regarding the log walls: that the ends of the logs are drawn as circles implies that you are looking at them perfectly end-on. I suspect squashing them even one pixel could make a significant difference... not sure.

So just how does sitting in chairs work? Is that just for cutscenes?

(Hey look, a new Fenrir avatar)
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh! Exciting!
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new Fenrir RPG = awesome. Even if the heroes are dogs, I'm still looking forward to seeing more of what this one's about. Should I assume a 2014 release in the neighborhood of, say, June - Novemberish? Or are you planning to fire this one out of a cannon and drop it on our doorsteps soon?

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:
I still really like your art style. :-)
Will this game feel more serious than Vikings of Midgard?

Thanks! It's definitely shaping up to be a much more self-consistent game with no OHR community references (aside from the Hamster Adventurer/OnionKid).

TMC wrote:
The water tile on the overworld seems to tile quite badly. I would draw a couple of variants and place them randomly, though that might be impractical if the overworld is large or if there are boats/airships.

I know Giz complained about some of the walls already, but what really bothers me are the buildings in the town screenshot. The roofs have zero thickness and don't stick out at all from the buildings (admittedly to have them stick out you would probably need to make the wall corner tiles not fill a whole 20x20 tile. But I think the way the roof connected to the wall looks pretty bad.

And regarding the log walls: that the ends of the logs are drawn as circles implies that you are looking at them perfectly end-on. I suspect squashing them even one pixel could make a significant difference... not sure.

I've made improvements already based on these notes, and a few ways to actually save on the number of maptiles I've been using without compromising the quality of the maps!

Pepsi Ranger wrote:
A new Fenrir RPG = awesome. Even if the heroes are dogs, I'm still looking forward to seeing more of what this one's about. Should I assume a 2014 release in the neighborhood of, say, June - Novemberish? Or are you planning to fire this one out of a cannon and drop it on our doorsteps soon?

I'm telling the story of a private mercenary corps that works its way up to glory and fame! Though a broad storyline is roughed out, the quests, towns, monsters, and even hireable heroes are being decided by a series of contests and donation drives outside of the OHR community - in short the content and flavor of the game will ultimately be decided by the people driving its development! 2014 would seem to be a good target date.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More screens!

Charbile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me "Anthro Pillow Fight Babes Battle OHR" is a thing Smokin'
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charbile wrote:
Please tell me "Anthro Pillow Fight Babes Battle OHR" is a thing Smokin'

Yes, but more to the point, we now have an endboss for a game that's taken WAY too long to get finished!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: