Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Question about gameplay potential

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Question about gameplay potential Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a bizarre question for you. I am interested in trying to create a game, but one critical part of the game involves part of the environment (like a building) being damaged, and then the player must locate an item to repair the damage. It must have a night/day cycle in the game, and each night, more damage is done to the building, and each day, the player must find more items to repair the damage. OHRRPGCE seems perfect for the other parts of the gameplay mechanics, but I haven't been able to find anything to indicate whether this would even be possible. Any help is appreciated.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty cool!

Yes, this could be done. I would make the undamaged building first, and then make multiple copies of the map, and edit each with different levels of damage.

The day/night cycles could be map copies too, or you could use "tweak palette" to tint the palette dark blue for nighttime.

Do you want the day/night cycles to be based on a timer? Or based on the player manually choosing to sleep?
Aggeloi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! I would like the day/night to be timer based to provide part of the challenge (racing the clock to repair the damage in time).

Thanks again!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If switching maps doesn't meet your needs, you can also play around with (hidden) map layers, and writemapblock.

Also, tweak palette gives pretty bad results; if you are a perfectionist you could switch between multiple master palettes or use "read color" and "write color" to script your own palette changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum