Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Looking to hire an OHRRPGCE plotscripter.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjohnson092088
Master of Retro Games

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's basic plotscripting you're looking for, why not check out some example games? i remember learning a lot about it before i even started plotscripting ANYTHING by looking at wandering hamster years ago, and even more when vikings of midgard came out.

last time i checked, both of these games weren't password protected and included their script files to allow newbie whOHRs (that's what i like to call us, just fyi) to learn by example. i wouldn't say that i'm much of a plotscripter either, but i've also included the script files in my game. it's not password protected either, so you can feel free open it and see what makes it tick. i've done some of the things you described (namely, the door/key thing), so it might be a good idea that out too.

DW ftw! Big grin
DragonChaserKev

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: I'm Back! Reply with quote

Well after having my OHRRPGCE game sit for 3 years I've been called back to it, hundreds of hours invested including composing music was something I couldn't leave unfinished.
DragonChaserK2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again. I have put in many hours on and off over the last several years and the game is nearly done with no plotscripting. Just need to finish some monster stats, sound effects, and a few spell issues. I am not sure how good others will find the game but I'm blown away it's near finished and to such a polished degree.

A little plotscripting would probably be the icing on the cake - Spoonweaver or someone get back to me if interested in helping. I will send ya what I have done for a look.

Bigger than Dragon Warrior 1 but not as big as DW 2 Raspberry! maybe in some ways.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, hello again! It's nice to hear of your progress. I guess you worked out how to do most of the things you thought you needed scripting for?

I don't know how I managed to overlook your post back in November. This place has become extremely inactive in the last four years, so I've posted a message over on Slime Salad to direct people here. People will wonder: are you still offering to pay?
DragonChaserKev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is plenty you can do without script, probably doesn't need it, it would just add to the presentation.

Is Slime Salad the active place for OHRRPGCE discussion? I don't have much to discuss, am hoping a few people will play and enjoy this limited but complete old school dragon warrior like RPG.

Thanks for resetting the password on my account.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, SS is the only active forum (it may not seem terribly active either, but unlike CP, it's actually read by lots of people who don't post).

But if you create an OHR game and actually want people to play it, you should try to get people from outside the OHR community to play it, because we're not a large group. There's a useful thread on SS: Promoting your game!. In particular, more people will find it if you post it on other game lists (including the Google and Amazon android app stores and on Ouya).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum