Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

(OLD) Not worth reading Nnymore.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSpazztikOne
Arcturan Xenogon!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: (OLD) Not worth reading Nnymore. Reply with quote

Welcome to the Doom RPG official forum. This talks about all things going towards the development of the Doom RPG series of Games. This thread has: Ideas, Storylines, Pictures and Screenshots of DoomRPG, etc.

I need more people to see this thread, because I need help coming up with something good, and I also need mappers to help me make this. It's like a collaboration project.

All that said, here's the first post:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doom RPG : Episode List-
Each Game is to be released in a different episode.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I: Knee Deep in the Dead
II: The Shores of Hell
III: Inferno
IV: Thy Flesh Consumed
V: Hell on Earth
VI: No Rest for the Living
VII: Resurrection of Evil
VIII: This Day the Earth Bleeds
---
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Doom RPG Official Add-Ons-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Expansion 1: The Plutonia Experiment
Expansion 2: Evilution
Expansion 3: Hell Revealed
Expansion 4: InterMission
---

AAAACEEEESS HIIIIIIIGH!!!!

Last edited by TheSpazztikOne on Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on an episodic basis might be a bit pointless (or at least you might be able to narrow this down to a few less episodes), look at this list here and think about whether or not you could fit a lot more into 1 file.

Here are a couple (read as 2) examples of how less RPG files could benefit you in the long run:

1. There is no easy or (to my knowledge) internal way for the engine to know you've beat the previous game (there is a way involving batch files and using an RPG file as a base for all your games), features wise it'd be more appealing to have say, a chapter select at the start of the game and have chapter clear bonuses that transfer to the next character along.

2. It'd be more accessible to people, downloading 12 or so files that may or may not be all over the games lists feels like a chore (although bigger files have their flaws too, like long download times).

(These are just some suggestions, you know your game and plan better than anyone Raspberry!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: