Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

FANGAME CONTEST 2011!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoon Weaver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: FANGAME CONTEST 2011! Reply with quote

copied from SlimeSalad
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

This is the official announcement thread for 2011's Fangame contests for the O.H.R.RPG.C.E. community!

In this contest, developers will compete to see who can create the best fangame with the OHR game making engine. The subject of the game's fandom is each developer's own choice so long as it's a subject created by someone other than themselves. This could be anything from a TV show like Seinfeld to a band like Smashing Pumpkins and everything in between and/or not in between.

Rules:
1. To participate, one must create a game with the O.H.R.RPG.C.E. (please include a version of game.exe that is compatible with your game).

2. One must upload their Fangame entry to either SlimeSalad or Castle Paradox by May 1st ( or anywhere else ) and notify me, in some way, that they are entering, and what game they are entering with. ( links welcomed )

3. Voting will be done by anyone who has the will and the way to log on to SlimeSalad and post their vote on the official voting thread that will be created at a later time. Votes may also be PM'd to me, but please don't email them.

4. All rules ( even ones yet to be thought up ) and regulations are interpreted by me, and as such I have the final say in their meaning. Rules can and will be changed at any time that I deem necessary up to and including the posting of the results of the contest.

VOTING:
As I mentioned before, voting will be done by anyone who has the will to log on to SlimeSalad and post their vote on the official voting thread that will be created at a later time or PM'd to me here on SlimeSalad, but don't email them because I tend to forget to check email alot.

Voting will take place between May 1st and May 20th.

Games will be voted for, as we have voted for game in many other contests, on a scale of 1 - 10. Every voter is urged to vote for every game.
Your vote post should look something like this:

Radiohead saves Christmas - 9
Stargate SG-9: The guys who study plants - 2
Robocop's Rockband - 7
Pac-Man 3: First Blood - 4
Ultra Knitting - 1

You don't have to vote for every game in the contest, and the final score entries receive will be taken from a combination of the average score it received and the bonus points it earned.

Prizes:
1st place: $20 and fanart by ( Baconlabs, J_Taylor, and more).
2nd place: $5
3rd place: All my slimebucks.
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in this one.

EDIT: Copypasta.

Yeah, this is what the game looks like. But don't go expecting any of that fancy jump stuff that I was angry at Weegee's Mansion for not allowing me to do.

This game's message, in part, is "Guys named Bob are jerks."

Who is this mysterious old man?

Whoever he is, he seems to be full of wisdom.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: