Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams v1.5 and v2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your favorite medium-length dungeon in any game was about...
90% puzzles, 10% fights
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
50% puzzles, 50% fights
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
10% puzzles, 90% fights
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams v1.5 and v2 Reply with quote

announcing two upcoming new versions of Sword of Jade!

Sword of Jade version 1.5
* New dungeon!
* Extended Newgame+ functionality!
* Bugfix and balance issues will be addressed if needed!
* Possibly a new sidequest!

Sword of Jade 1.5 will be available for download from the Castle Paradox gamelist at a date not yet determined, but it shouldn't be too long. What I need people to do is that if you have found a bug, or have a complaint or praise about difficulty or any other things, please send it to mkidder@gmail.com with the subject "Sword of Jade Bug" so it'll be easier for me to use filters to be able to quickly peruse and respond/deal with the bugs or issues.

Sword of Jade version 2
* 4 new dungeons! (in addition to the new dungeon from 1.5)
* Extended NewGame+ functionality from 1.5
* All new, custom title screen!
* New cutscenes!
* Possibly some deleted scenes! (this one depends on if the OHR is up to the task)
* And a few more suprises.....

Sword of Jade version 2 will of course, be released sometime after 1.5.

Again..

Sword of Jade 1.5 will be available for download from the Castle Paradox gamelist at a date not yet determined, but it shouldn't be too long. What I need people to do is that if you have found a bug, or have a complaint or praise about difficulty or any other things, please send it to mkidder@gmail.com with the subject "Sword of Jade Bug" so it'll be easier for me to use filters to be able to quickly peruse and respond/deal with the bugs or issues.

Thanks in advance to our great fans who have played the game already.

If you haven't played the game yet, you can download it as always from rpgcreations.com/jadepd

Last edited by FyreWulff on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd try skipping straight to v2, but this works quite well!

Actually, What I would like is a list of the Icons, along with their benefits and minuses, if it's not too much to ask for?
Joe Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, I haven't played SoJ, but it seems that after spending some 7 years on an "OHR masterpiece" and officially releasing it, you may as well, you know, act like you're done. I know the proffesionals make weekly mini-updates, but that doesn't make it proffesional.

But who am I to complain, you're trying to make the game better..

On topic, if what I remember you saying about this game not having original music is true, you may as well change that.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Blue Pixel
SPY SAPPIN MAH FISH SANDWICH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you should have eazyier saving bacause i was playing it and it drives me mad walking all the way back to that inn every time i wanted to save the game.
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i think you should have eazyier saving bacause i was playing it and it drives me mad walking all the way back to that inn every time i wanted to save the game.

Did you not get an Avis? They make it a lot easier.
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Man wrote:
I admit, I haven't played SoJ, but it seems that after spending some 7 years on an "OHR masterpiece" and officially releasing it, you may as well, you know, act like you're done. I know the proffesionals make weekly mini-updates, but that doesn't make it proffesional.

But who am I to complain, you're trying to make the game better..

Two words: Expansion packs.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think now that I'll have the opportunity to actually play the game, I'll be more comfortable submitting music.

That's what turned me off to the idea before. I believe very strongly the music should reflect the game and add something to the story's feel and the characters too; the only way to do that, in my opinion, is for the composer(s) to experience the game and story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to mention as an aside, that the RNPL, the license Jade is released under, has been updated. It more than likely will not affect you in any way, but it needed some more clarity and some more legalities.
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You subconsciously have a leet reference in that article...
It seems like it will be a good system. Was it being abused before?
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. I never read these. XD

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Camdog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RNPL wrote:
RNPL programs cannot be used by the goverments of China, Iran, Yugoslavia, Rwanda and North Korea for their violations of human rights.

It would be a dark day indeed if Yugoslavia decided to use Sword of Jade... for EVIL.

(Saudi Arabia can use it, though. I'm pretty sure their human rights record is good.)
PlayerOne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would also be extremely difficult, given that there is no such place any more.

I very much doubt that the bit about being able to retrospectively change the terms at a whim would stand up, also, but I don't suppose it will ever come up.
Camdog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time traveling Yugoslavians from the past will wreak havoc on the world with the power of JADE!
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catch all reply as follows:

Raekuul wrote:
You subconsciously have a leet reference in that article...
It seems like it will be a good system. Was it being abused before?

No, but I felt like it needed more definition. ( the 1337 reference was intentional)

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
Lol. I never read these.

You really should, you'll find interesting stuff in licenses and EULAs.

PlayerOne wrote:
I very much doubt that the bit about being able to retrospectively change the terms at a whim would stand up, also, but I don't suppose it will ever come up.

since that's been in since the first revision of the license, it does stand up. Otherwise it wouldn't. I made it futureproof like that. My big difference is the retro-activity; many other licenses and EULAs have the "we can change at any moment and we don't have to tell you" line in them. It saves a lot of money lawsuits wise (not like RPGCreations is getting sued, but it prevents frivolous lawsuiters from suing companies like Microsoft and saying, for example, that they couldn't read the new license update because they have no internet connection or couldn't read English)

Back on topic... I am going to poll-itize this thread. Not that it will really change anything already planned, I'm curios as to people's thoughts on dungeons.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted 50% fights, but the dungeons in SoJ contained a higher proportion than that. It worked well there because the battles were generally quite varied and not tiring, which was unusual so I voted 50% battles anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: