Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

zones in time for Heart?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msw188

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: zones in time for Heart? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if TMC or James is in charge of zones, and I know that other people may be interested in this as well, so I figured I'd post it here.

Is there a good chance that zones will be able to restrict NPC movement before the Heart of the OHR deadline? Also, would we be able to check for zones via plotscripting in time? Or should we stick to using step-ons to block moving NPCs and/or marking 'special' tiles? I'm only asking because my current system uses NPC 99 as a step-on to block others, but the new map npc editor doesn't default to 100 NPCs (0-99), and I'd rather not add 100 new NPCs every time I make a new map just to adhere to my old system. At the same time, if zones are going to be ready soon, I'd rather wait for them to change my system.

This website link is for my funk/rock band, Euphonic Brew:
www.euphonicbrew.com
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: zones in time for Heart? Reply with quote

EDIT: Wow, this must be my punishment for attempting to double post. I attempted to quote my first post, but accidentally edited it instead, didn't notice, and deleted most of it. Reconstructing:

Quote:
Is there a good chance that zones will be able to restrict NPC movement before the Heart of the OHR deadline?

Well, I wanted to let you set a zone per NPC instance instead of just NPC definition, but that'll require a new file format and editor. Before the contest deadline, but very soon. However, a we'd want you to be able to set a default zone per NPC definition, so I should go do that bit.

Quote:
Also, would we be able to check for zones via plotscripting in time?

"This is actually pretty simple to add, so I'll do so today."

Quote:
the new map npc editor doesn't default to 100 NPCs (0-99), and I'd rather not add 100 new NPCs every time I make a new map just to adhere to my old system.

I anticipated that this would be a nuisance for some people. You can hold down + to rapidly add new NPC definitions.

END EDIT

Quote:
This is actually pretty simple to add, so I'll do so today.

I take it all back! That was not a quick job at all. HamsterSpeak's horrible treatment of commas cost me an hour or two chasing a bug in my test script -- the bug was in HS's crappy syntax :(

Hope you enjoy.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have just waited for TOMORROW, the LAST DAY OF SEMESTER, but nooo, I had to go and add NPC zone movements restriction today instead of working on those assignments due tomorrow. Will I never learn self-discipline? :(

(PS: unless Jay fixes it before the next nightly, you might like to download an sdl-sdl nightly; the default nightly was recently changed to directx-sdl, but shift keys do not work -- a bug that was fixed but wasn't)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: