Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Odd dream last night about OHR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronoboy
Into the past with a splash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Odd dream last night about OHR Reply with quote

Last night I dreamt that James was very very old, looking very much like he was on his death bed. He was still working on the engine and working on a plotscript version of the current battle engine. I found this dream so very odd, I never dream of things like this normally, so I thought I share, as it is OHR related. imho. Unfortunately there was no sign of Bob... *sigh* A Jim Hensen version would of at least been funny to see.

I am posting this in the Creative Corner, as well, it's a dream and dreams are basically your minds creativeness in living color.

Anybody else here have weird dreams about their OHR creations or others OHR creations? I'd love to have a dream that takes place in Adventures of Vink, that world is so psychedelic.

satyrisci
~guo~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I daydream about the Ohrrpgce more than I should. At this time of the year I really, REALLY should be daydreaming about my Chem finals Really confused
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have been programming a lot I sometimes have programming dreams. They are a bit confusing to explain. It is not like a dream where I am sitting there at a keyboard and typing a program-- the whole dream is the program.
chronoboy
Into the past with a splash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Paige wrote:
the whole dream is the program.

That would be an awesome dream! But what if you were coding a text-only program?

Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1: I had a dream once where I was in a battle of the bands with Dinosaur Triple. I totally rocked...until someone clicked one of my other tabs (my dreams work like Internet Explorer) and when I finally got back, they were just pounding me with their instruments.

#2: I also had a dream where I was dressed like Stryrge. Then I transformed into a wolf and was used to pull a caravan halfway across the country.

#3: I used to have a lot of dreams where I was trying to help ChaosNyte regain control of Castle Paradox. I have no clue about this place's history, so I'll just assume this would be a bad idea.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Bagne
ALL YOUR NUDIBRANCH ARE BELONG TO GASTROPODA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream that I was running with a stampede of ostriches through a deep valley. The ostriches had two heads, and each head had a single eye on the outer side of the head.
This way, if the ostrich wanted to look forward, the two heads needed to face one another, and in order to look backwards, the heads would turn away from one another.

I also had a dream where my friend invented a word which meant: "the expression of one's disapproval toward another's inability to understand Chinese philosophy." To this day, I wish I knew what the word was.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had a dream about programming. I dreamt that my supervisor's enormous 20 year old C++ program for computing graph minor obstruction sets was coded in the ultimate evolution of C++. It had a construct equivalent to an infinite number of angle brackets, and you could create overloaded operators which read vertically, spanning multiple lines. It's so realistic, it's scary.

Bagne wrote:
I also had a dream where my friend invented a word which meant: "the expression of one's disapproval toward another's inability to understand Chinese philosophy." To this day, I wish I knew what the word was.

I wish so too.
Bagne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went so far as to email my friend, describe to her the dream, and then ask her to make up a word so that I could use it.

I was quite disappointed with her reply, which can be roughly paraphrased as:
"Weird dream, dude. I can't make up words. Lame-ity lame-ity lame."

Maybe I'll have to re-dream it. Is that possible?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Last night I had a dream about programming. I dreamt that my supervisor's enormous 20 year old C++ program for computing graph minor obstruction sets was coded in the ultimate evolution of C++. It had a construct equivalent to an infinite number of angle brackets, and you could create overloaded operators which read vertically, spanning multiple lines. It's so realistic, it's scary.

I love the idea of a construct for infinite angle brackets. Lets write one into... no, lets not...

Bagne wrote:
I went so far as to email my friend, describe to her the dream, and then ask her to make up a word so that I could use it.

It doesn't have to be the same dream, but you have to ask the dream-her not the awake-her.
TheCube

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dreams are often controlled by video game logic, IE when I die, I can restart, sometimes I'll pause or save-state and keep retrying something until I get it right. It's not so much that it's a video game, it's that the rules OF video games apply to real life. Sometimes I'll see a HUD as well.

I also had a dream that I was being chased by "Shinobi the Invincible Ninja." I do not know why that was his name.

James Paige wrote:
Bagne wrote:

It doesn't have to be the same dream, but you have to ask the dream-her not the awake-her.

I've done some research into lucid dreaming before, it seems pretty neat. If you can successfully trigger yourself into realizing you're dreaming without waking up, you can do all sorts of cool stuff. I have managed to do it once or twice, but it's pretty difficult for me to stay asleep for some reason.

So that's the trick there, just learn the tricks of lucid dreaming, find that friend, and ask her! Simple...right? Totally worth it.
Greenwado
Well, it's just me, what did you expect?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagne wrote:

I had a bad dream that I've dreamt NUMEROUS times. I think I may be the chosen one, seeing in the movies the chosen one(s) always re-dream a certain dream.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCube wrote:
My dreams are often controlled by video game logic, IE when I die, I can restart, sometimes I'll pause or save-state and keep retrying something until I get it right. It's not so much that it's a video game, it's that the rules OF video games apply to real life. Sometimes I'll see a HUD as well.

This reminds me of something. When I saw Inception, I thought it was strange that dying in a dream would wake people up.

In my dreams I can never die. If something happens that would kill me I always either continue as a ghost, or regenerate, or jump back in time. I started asking around, and different people had different answers. Some people say that dying in a dream always wakes them up. Other people say they have never had a fatal situation in a dream.

TheCube wrote:
I've done some research into lucid dreaming before, it seems pretty neat. If you can successfully trigger yourself into realizing you're dreaming without waking up, you can do all sorts of cool stuff. I have managed to do it once or twice, but it's pretty difficult for me to stay asleep for some reason.

So that's the trick there, just learn the tricks of lucid dreaming, find that friend, and ask her! Simple...right? Totally worth it.

I have done lucid dreaming before.

One time I decided that I would write down all my dreams to collect interesting story ideas. Every morning when I would wake up the very first thing I would do would be to write down every detail of any dreams I could remember. I quickly found that forcing myself to remember dreams this way, and writing them down in the same format that i would use for story idea notes very quickly enhanced by ability to remember dreams, increased the frequency of my dreams, and made my dreams more vivid. Eventually I started lucid dreaming, where I had full conscious control of the dream-- It didn't happen on every dream, but I think at the peak of that period, I was having at least one very vivid dream every night, and an average of 1 lucid dream every 2 weeks or so.
Bagne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dream-died once.
I was standing in a castle tower, and an avalanche took out the lower supports. The tower fell over with me inside. I floated within the tower room for a while, like the astronauts who float in a free-fall air plane. While I fell, I realized I was going to die, that I was at peace with doing so, and wondered about what would happen after death.
I never got my answer, because my death woke me up.

I also once had a bad dream, but realized that if I indeed was dreaming, I could wake up and all the bad things would be over. I did so, and felt quite smug because I out-smarted my dream.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Probably the Grand Poobah or something

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dreams usually have the "nothing fatal ever happens" version. I can't remember ever having a dream where I died.

And when potentially-fatal things do happen, it switches over from "nothing fatal ever happens" to "dream-me is just too badass to get killed by something that weak." (Best dream-I-actually-had example I can think of at the moment: being attacked by old-lady assassins with katanas on top of a skyscraper would be a potentially fatal situation. But not when you can effortlessly knock the swords out of their hands--while grumbling about how nobody knows how to actually use a sword anymore--and then beat them up.)

As for OHR-related dreams, the only one I can remember was one time last week when I dreamed that I had finally finished Okédoké, and because of that dream-me would actually have time to try and do something for NaNoWriMo this year.
TheCube

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Blubber wrote:
Best dream-I-actually-had example I can think of at the moment: being attacked by old-lady assassins with katanas on top of a skyscraper would be a potentially fatal situation. But not when you can effortlessly knock the swords out of their hands--while grumbling about how nobody knows how to actually use a sword anymore--and then beat them up.

This is awesome.

James Paige wrote:
This reminds me of something. When I saw Inception, I thought it was strange that dying in a dream would wake people up.

In my dreams I can never die. If something happens that would kill me I always either continue as a ghost, or regenerate, or jump back in time. I started asking around, and different people had different answers. Some people say that dying in a dream always wakes them up. Other people say they have never had a fatal situation in a dream.

Dying has never woken me up, although a lot of the time I will be dreaming about something, trip or be otherwise negatively affected by gravity, and I'll jerk awake right when my face hits the ground. It bothers the crap out of my wife... Neutral

I would bet that people who play video games are more likely to stay asleep when they die, since they're more consistently exposed to a non-lethal version of death.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: