Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Shadow Soul RPG: need people to assist in making game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangejediman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Shadow Soul RPG: need people to assist in making game Reply with quote

Hello. I am making a new game and i need some help. I am no good at making the graphics for it, and I need a composer, and possibly a scripter. I have planned part of the game, but cannot start without graphics. All credit for whatever job done will be given credit for. Please reply with examples, and the job wanted. Thank you.
Baconlabs
PURPLE IS MANLY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend posting more details about your game idea before asking for more help. A short/sweet summary of what it's going to be about, what sorts of characters and environments you want to use, the gameplay style, the overall mood of the game (sounds grim just by the title), et cetera.

I suppose you were going to reveal this stuff anyway to whoever signs up for a job, but some folks like me can't sign up for anything nondescript.
(I probably won't anyway since this is a busy time of year)
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could make bad placeholder graphics first and then let them being reworked later (though it might be hard for something like map design) and use ripped music until you find some composer. For scripting you could just ask on the forum if you get stuck somewhere.

That way you can make you can start making your game on your own first and when you have some good result you can show it and if you get people to think "Man this game would be really good if it had better graphics and original music" it's much easier to create a team for finishing the project.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
orangejediman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your suggestions. I will post the descriptions later. I also plan on scanning some character sketches. I can't create sprites that well, but at least i can draw...
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tuts/tsugumo/default.htm

This is a very handy tutorial if you want to get better at spriting yourself, at the least, your placeholders will be readable, I'm rather busy around this time of the year but come may/june time I'm free to do some spriting work if you still need one by then, gimme some ideas on some tracks and I'll see (but no promises) that I can conjure something up.
orangejediman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so main plot:

The world in the future has been taken over by a man named Xeron, who, in the party's time, opened the Shadow Soul and absorbed its power, becoming an unstoppable force. A Woman from the future has come back to the party's time to choose heros to stop this menace. As you chase him through the lands, you help others along the way and meet new friends. You learn new powers, and it all culminates in an epic battle for the future against Xeron.

Gameplay is mostly the default for OHRRPGCE. The mood is adventure, but it is also quite grim, as towns are destroyed as you move along in the game.

I will post character designs later.
Baconlabs
PURPLE IS MANLY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangejediman wrote:
Gameplay is mostly the default for OHRRPGCE. The mood is adventure, but it is also quite grim, as towns are destroyed as you move along in the game.

As in, visit a town, it's destroyed shortly thereafter?
Or, everything's destroyed by the time you start?

Either way, sounds like it could be very interesting, it might even impact the gameplay in some way. (Item, shop availability)
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangejediman wrote:
Okay, so main plot:

The world in the future has been taken over by a man named Xeron, who, in the party's time, opened the Shadow Soul and absorbed its power, becoming an unstoppable force.

A Woman from the future has come back to the party's time to choose heros to stop this menace. As you chase him through the lands, you help others along the way and meet new friends.

You learn new powers, and it all culminates in an epic battle for the future against Xeron.

I will post character designs later.

Okay now I'm done being very silly, the towns being destroy as you go along sounds very interesting and I'm guessing you'll be using lots of darker shades in the palette for the games graphics. I'm interested as to the time period that the game is based in, considering that a person from the future is coming along, (wants to go back and play Dark Chronicle again :3) it sounds like an interesting project and as soon as I know the setting (and prehaps some of the game areas names/moods) I can go ahead and compose some stuff.
J_Taylor
The Self-Proclaimed King of Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can do graphics if this is still going...
Shattered Alliance: .05%

See a pattern forming? I do, dammit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Fyroa
Behold...the mighty Triforce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can help out with maptiles(some not all)and I'm fine with working with multiple people on one project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: