Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Element Relations and Elementals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally assign weaknesses/resistances/absorptions based on the enemy itself, and not just on some pre-assigned "elemental alignment" like how it is in Pokemon. If I want to make a Birdman (Enemy types Beast, Being) that's also an undead (Enemy types Beast, Being, Undead) and has an affinity for fire (Absorb Fire, Resist Heat, Weak Water, Weak Air), then I can do exactly that under the current system.

I will say this, though. Having 16 elements to choose from would be nice, but it would probably give me a headache trying to not be redundant (and it would really suck if I had to sacrifice enemy typing to get it!)

And as for Hax Ghost/Dark/Wonderguard Pokemon? Meet my Venusaur, Torterra, Forteress, and Lucario. Toxic, Leech Seed, Spikes, Sandstorm, Foresight, Aura Sphere.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raekuul wrote:
I will say this, though. Having 16 elements to choose from would be nice, but it would probably give me a headache trying to not be redundant (and it would really suck if I had to sacrifice enemy typing to get it!)

The limit was later raised to 64 elements. Enemy types are converted to elements, which is likely to confuse some people, because elements work in the opposite direction to enemy types -- you've basically had to sacrifice the old way of editing enemy type bits. But maybe someone will have a good idea for some kind of editor shortcuts to fix annoyances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: