Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Element Relations and Elementals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussie Evil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Element Relations and Elementals Reply with quote

For future use in my rp as an example of elemental balance.

Enemies that only use attacks based on their element.

and you, sir, are no lady
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks pretty neat, but it's a bit tough to interpret.

Are the enemies pogs?
Aussie Evil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they're more like discs.

Baconlabs
PURPLE IS MANLY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, ooh, um...
Forest, Fire, Water, Light, Shadow, Spirit.
Am I close?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing yellow is electric, but I have no clue what some of these colors are.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Aussie Evil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From topmost going clockwise: Water, Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Lightning.

In my plans for the game I have two other elements that are "neutral" to these six: Life and Shadow.

Pumpkinbot
Rock beats scissors! >:D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie Evil wrote:
From topmost going clockwise: Water, Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Lightning.

In my plans for the game I have two other elements that are "neutral" to these six: Life and Shadow.

Reminds me of Magical Starsign. Raspberry!

Anyway, might I suggest grouping water and ice into one category? It's essentially the same thing, only at different temperatures, right? I do see where your going with the "water > fire > ice" thing, but if you're only going to get into specifics with water and not fire, wind, etc, it's kinda weird. I mean, Pokemon had water and ice because it also split others into different categories, like grass and bug, rock and ground...The only problem with this is that there's sooo many different types. So keeping it simple is good. Happy
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recommend not replying to threads that haven't been posted in since last March.

Also; you can never have enough elements, I'm waiting for the (hopefully any day now fingers crossed) rise in elemental bitsets so I can finally use a 54 element based magic system.
Pumpkinbot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeoSpade wrote:
I also recommend not replying to threads that haven't been posted in since last March.

Also; you can never have enough elements, I'm waiting for the (hopefully any day now fingers crossed) rise in elemental bitsets so I can finally use a 54 element based magic system.
F-Fifty four? Wow! What would you fill them all with?

Anyway, sorry. Bad habit. What I usually do is I don't reply to threads I know haven't gotten a post in a while (or are on the second page), but since I haven't logged in in a while, I guess I should make it a habit to check post dates. x)
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now the thread seems to be in use once more, no need to make a new thread to talk about it Raspberry!

Right so yeah, seems that we'll get more elements to play around with in the near future (fingers crossed) then people can start using less traditional elemental groups.

Previously my game had 4 elements, yin-yang, non-elemental "void" and a boss minion trigger. I had already planned to do the whole 54 elements thing, but thought I'd just have to fake it.

The basic idea was that each of the 54 elements would go into 1 of 13 star signs and those would further be split into 5 groups based off their position in the night sky. (I have a full list and detailed rantings but I don't think anyone wants to see how I managed to make sane relations between 54 elements.)

Has anyone else thought up any non-typical elemental groups?

In those 54 I found a good few that work well as non-standard elements. Like '7 virtues and 7 sins', 'yin, yang, time(universal), void', 'life, time(personal), death, passage', etc (by etc I mean: "I'm not going to list off 54 elements Raspberry!")
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxygen (healing, rust, and fire)
Carbon (defense buff, clone)
Hydrogen (freeze)
Nitrogen (anti-magic buff, plant growth)

It's kinda like the old-school Fire/Earth/Air/Water thing, only thinking about what the modern elements would actually do. I also had silver(kills shapeshifters) and iron(kills fairies), I think.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
satyrisci
~guo~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid, liquid, vapour, plasma?
Pumpkinbot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Pokemon series has how many element? ;P

Anyway, Magical Starsign's got a rather unique element system. There's the standards: air, earth, fire, water, and forest, which are all just kind of circular, like water beats fire, fire beats forest, forest beats this, blah blah blah, then there's light and dark, which are both strong against each other. Here's where it gets interesting: when the planet associated with the element is in a certain portion of the sky, the character that uses that type of magic gets a damage boost. (Light and dark get their boosts in the morning and night, respectively.) Each of the planets are of varying distances from the sun, so certain planets travel in a circle faster. Therefore, the planet furthest away gets their boost longer, but it takes longer for it to come again, while the closest comes and goes rather frequently.

Also, I did like how some Pokemon had not one but two elements. That really threw a wrench in there. I just wish they would've balanced it out so dark/ghost pokemon had something that was super effective. My friend gave me a hacked Spiritomb (ghost/dark) with the special ability (those are also pretty cool) Wonder Guard. So the only attacks that would hurt it were super effective ones, but, because it was ghost/dark, nothing could hurt it. Raspberry!

Hmm...Anyone planning a Pokemon-esque battle system for their game? :3
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumpkinbot wrote:

Dark Blubber did this kinda

Oh! Last nights nightly (or today's nightly as I'm 5 hours ahead of American time) merged the Elemental and Enemy-Types into 16 elements! I wouldn't use it just yet as there's a minor bug in the Global Text Strings that causes "HP" to disappear for good if you scroll down (defaults back to no string if re-entered). It's only minor but might mean something else is a miss.
Pumpkinbot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeoSpade wrote:
Pumpkinbot wrote:

Dark Blubber did this kinda

Oh! Last nights nightly (or today's nightly as I'm 5 hours ahead of American time) merged the Elemental and Enemy-Types into 16 elements! I wouldn't use it just yet as there's a minor bug in the Global Text Strings that causes "HP" to disappear for good if you scroll down (defaults back to no string if re-entered). It's only minor but might mean something else is a miss.
I use the stable releases. I always find ways to break things. X)

Anyway, that is pretty cool, but I don't think I'm going to be needing any elements for Danger Days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: