Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The Graxl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Fyroa
Behold...the mighty Triforce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: The Graxl Reply with quote

This is a storyIv'e been writing during my spare time, please tell me what you think. (Yes I know chapter one has many flaws but it gets beter as you read.)

The Graxl Tournament
Prologue
In the world of Landor there are several countries: Acrme, a small island country to the north east. Agron, a small country almost completely surrounded by the ocean and Wolf Heads River. Arlaman, a large country in the center of the continent. Estra, large country to the west of Arlaman, famed for its military, Wolf Heads Lake is in this country. Heria, A moderate in size island country to the south of the continent. Kisar, a merchant country to the north of Agron, it is also bordered by Wolf Heads River. Lev, a small merchant country south of Arlaman. Silicia, a massive country north of Arlaman. It is whispered among the oldest, wisest elders that once there were three countries. Lemoria, Huisonda, and Weqinzia. Little to no knowledge about them has survived the generations except their names.

Chapter 1: Sparring

I had been waiting for this moment for months. All of my training was for this, The Graxl Tournament. The Graxl Tournament is where the squires of knights compete in combat and other events. I am the squire of Sir Viram. Sir Viram is clad is his sparring armor, it is brown basic wood armor that knights train in, along with his battle helmet. Sir Viram is a Sqav or low class knight, meaning he is in less important battles and such. “Are you ready Arvr?” Sir Viram questioned me. “Yes Sir Viram I have been ready for many a fortnight.” “Good let us review the most important part of the Graxl.” Sir Viram said as he walked toward the training area. I bet your wondering why this tournament is so important. This tournament is how you become a knight. There are ten rounds, you have to make it to round five to become a knight, the further you make it the more important the knightly position will be. He returned with my sparring armor. It is similar to his but smaller. “Here you go.” He grunted as he tossed me my armor. “Are we going to train with real swords today?” I asked eagerly. “No, wood swords filled with lead as usual.” He said with a slight gleam in his eye. “C’mon then.” I followed him down the corridor to the sparring room. “Now Arvr your opponent will be armed with shield and sword I’m sure you know that much, but they also may be armed with extra weapons to fall back on such as axes, spears, maces, or throwing knifes the only illegal weapon is a bow, for as you know it is for the archery portion of the Graxl only.” “Yes Sir I will remember.” I said taking in every word. Suddenly he lashed out with the wooden sword, catching me in the chest and off guard, knocking me on my back. “Always be ready Arvr, it is the most basic rule of combat!” He began to yell. “Yes Sir Viram I am sorry, I will be ready next time.” I said as I stood up. I hate when he does that. “In war there is no next time Arvr! He was getting pretty angry by now. “Have I not taught you better than this?” “Yes Sir you have, it’s just I was over exited with the tournament so close.” Sir Viram sighed. “Yes Arvr, I understand and I just want you to do better than I did at my Graxl." "Yes Sir Viram it will not happen again." I promised him. "I should hope not Arvr. Now take your battle stance!" He commanded. "Yes Sir!" I shouted as I assumed battle position, my legs shoulder width and sword and shield at the ready. Ready, begin!" Sir Viram commanded. I drew the blade under my shield, the lashed out, he deflected it easily with his shield then countered with a vertical slash, I parried with my shield by shoving it away from me and lunging at him. He sidestepped out of the way and then launched a horizontal slash at my sword; I swung my blade at his. They met in the air with a clang; I felt the force of the blow down my arm, we held them their locked in a competition of strength, and then my arm began to give. So I lunged my shield forward and caught him in the arm as I withdrew my blade from his, he gave a slight cry. I followed up with a slash toward his throat. My mind had abandoned me, I thought of nothing but killing him as if he where an enemy, but no I didn't. His shield filled the space in front of my sword. Even a wooden sword can kill if it hits a man’s throat. "Enough!" His voice rang out. As I looked around I saw that there were some spectators, some knights and squires. Raidin was among them. Raidin has been best friend since we were young boys in the village. Sir Viram looked at me with a grin. “Well done Arvr, you fought like a true knight, He said as the sweat glistened on his forehead. You have made me proud. Take a day off from your duties, you deserve it.” He said proudly. “Thank you Sir Viriam!” I thanked him.
Chapter 2: Apparition
“Wow Arvr you were amazing!” Raidin praised. Raidin is a year older than me. He was wearing his squire clothes, basic brown shirt and pants that go the ankles. Raidin’s black hair had a particular shine in the light. “Aww, it was nothing, I just got lucky.” I countered. “Quit trying to be modest Arvr, you won and you know it! Anyway do you want to train together for the Graxl?” He asked. “Yeah I need to train for the archery portion.” I told him. “Alright let’s go get our bows.” “Ok I’ll meet you at the range in a few.” I told him as we walked down the corridor. "Ok then." He said as he turned the corridor opposite of the way I have to go. As I walked down the corridor I noticed the air of the castle seemed tense, it must be because of the Graxl I thou- “Arvr…” A voice whispered, interrupting my thought. I spun around. “Who’s there?” “Arvr…” The voice whispered again. “Come to me…Arvr…” “Who’s there?” I was starting to feel drowsy, tired… “Yes Arvr… sleep, come to me…I have a nice warm room for you to sleep in…but you must come…” I noticed a figure; it wore a black hooded cloak, adorned with strange silver markings, the hood was up. “Ah…, you can see me, can you not? So it’s true… he is indeed…how wonderful you can see me.”
“Yes I can. Who are you?” I asked him, drowsily. “Me? I am not someone or something; I am nothing, nowhere, yet everything and everywhere…Arvr. The figure whispered, I could not see his face, yet I could feel the smirk on it. “Why…are you here, what is your name?” I demanded in my drowsy state. I had to know. “Me?” He asked as if we were in a crowded marketplace. “Yes, you!” I spat. “Boy, you are not the one to be asking questions! I tire of you! I caught a flash of green eyes during his shouting as he threw his head back. Suddenly the air seemed much colder, not winter cold either. “You will come to know and fear me with your very being Arvr! I am Desrion! Fear it Arvr, remember this day, for it is the begging! His evil green eyes flashed again. “W-what are you?” I stammered. He let out a cold knowing laugh. “Arvr… we’re coming, Arvr…we’re coming… He whispered as he vanished. I stood there for a second and collapsed the world as I knew it, went black. Light flooded my eyes, it hurt. I squinted looking around the room, a few beds, chairs, and a window and the bare gray room with stone tiles around me. “You’re awake!” “Huh? Who’s there?” Raidin’s brown eyes glinted in the window light. “Raidin?” I murmured. “Yes it’s me Arvr. What happened to you?” “Desrion …” I whispered. “Wh…” He started to say but I had fallen asleep again.
Chapter 3: Ancients
I was running, no I was chasing. I was chasing something. It was a dark corridor, with countless turns twisting every which way. I heard the echo of our footsteps. I chased him, ran as hard as I could, yet he barely stayed within the edge of my sight. His cloak fluttered as he ran, the hood was up, head covered. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew it was pointless, yet I chased him.
Suddenly the sound of his footsteps stopped, as did he. He did not turn around as I expected, he just stood there. I stopped as well.
“Arvr, he spoke as he turned around, you must realize the potential that exists within the three ancient Bloodlines.” His cloak was similar to Desrion’s but with a strange blue crest on the chest. It was an image of the ocean with a bolt of lightning striking it.
What is he talking about? “Do not bother I know your thoughts Arvr, you are the remnant Blood of Lemoria. The ancient country that was where Silicia, Acrme, and part of Arlaman now is. Arvr, you must understand we do not have much time; Huisonda’s allegiance with Weqinzia is enough to overwhelm even the true blood of the ancient three.”
“Who…are you?” I questioned him. Something about him seemed so familiar, like I had seen him once before.
“Arvr I am…an advisor I will guide you to and on the path that is available to you. You are the True Blood of Lemoria. He seemed so sure of what he was telling me. I needed to know, to understand more.
“What is a true Blood?” I questioned. He stood there for a moment, as if questioning whether or not to reply. Eventually he answered.
“A True Blood Arvr, is a direct descendant of the direct Ancient Royal Bloodlines. There are three Ancient Bloodlines: The Bloodlines of Lemoria, Huisonda, and Weqinzia. He calmly told me.
“So you’re telling me I am a True Blood? I asked incredulously. That means I’m of royal descent but this country no longer exists, neither do the other two. So how does this affect me?”
“Arvr… Lemoria does indeed exist. Not on Landor, it exists on…I shouldn’t tell you this…not yet, He muttered, on another continent.” He stated calmly.
The silence lasted an eternity. “Lemoria does indeed exist.” “On another continent.” How… my mind would not work. Such is impossible! “How is that possible!?” I questioned, my voice soaked with disbelief.
“Lemoria needs you Arvr. We are at war, the king was slain in the last major battle, and the country is in turmoil. Lemoria needs a strong ruler to lead it against the enemy.” He pleaded.
How can he possibly think I can lead a country? In a war! “You truly believe I can do such things?” He nodded his head.
“I will visit your dreams again if possible, where I will be expecting an answer.”He then faded away. I closed my eyes wondering who he was. I opened them and saw the gray ceiling of the room where I had been taken after my encounter with Desrion.
After that life went on as it had, not much was mentioned about why I was found passed out in the courtyard. The Graxl was months away, now in just two weeks. There were rumors about Heria, that they were mobilizing their navy. No one really believed them of course, but still it was mentioned frequently.
“Arvr now we must complete the final part of your training, Sir Viram and I were in the battle chamber, Follow me Arvr.” Sir Viram told me. I followed him through the stone battle chamber, to the weapons rack, when he stopped and faced me. “Arvr you can’t tell anyone of what I’m about to show you. Understand?”
I wondered what he was going to show me. My heart beat with excitement. “Of course Sir Viram, What is it that you want to show me?” I couldn’t wait Sir Viram was going to teach me the final part of my training. Quietly he pulled his sword from his scabbard and inserted it into the wall; he then gave it a twist. Silently the wall parted. I gazed into the opening and saw the twisting corridors from my dreams.

Chapter 4: Realization
“Here.” Sir Viram was holding a piece of rag out to me. “Blindfold.” Was all he said. I hesitated, how could this be? No, I thought to myself, it can’t be the same corridors from my dreams. I shrugged and put on the blindfold, then Sir Viram came and inspected it, he didn’t think it was tight enough so he redid it.
He grabbed my shoulder and told me to follow. He led me through the passages, turning this way and that, once we went around and around in circles. After what seemed hours, we stopped.
“Take off the blindfold.” He commanded. I removed the blindfold. I looked around the dim room. It was a cave, illuminated by torches. “Arvr, sit.
“Yes Sir Viram.” I said as I sat down. The cave floor was cool against my pants. I looked around the cave some more. We weren’t as deep as possible there was a path further down the cave.
“Tomorrow we set out for Lemoria.” He spoke as he looked at me. “Lord Zyga deemed it neccisary.”
Lemoria? How does Sir Viram know of Lemoria? “Sir Viram, with utmost respect…what in the Abyssal Furnace are you talking about?” I decided to act ignorant.
Sir Viram’s expression grew sly. “Arvr I know of it all, Lemoria, Huisonda, and Wequenzia. There’s no need to act so.” His face grew grim, as he ran his hand through his dark brown hair.
“The situation grows dark, the Huisondans have breached the Aljam River to the east,and the Wequinzians are supressing us with a northern front. We are going to dock discretly in a small port town called Tyan.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: