Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A little bit of researching the player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.A.R.S.
In umbram deo, ex nihilo...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: A little bit of researching the player Reply with quote

Hi, I'm not sure it belongs in this thread, but since this is an integrated part of a game's design I'm working on, I supposed it would be fitting.

Since this is a game community, and you assuredly also play games (not just make them I hope) some of you ought to be FPS fans right?
Well I was wondering if I could get opinions from three specific strains of you guys.

Snipers... Tankers... Close-quarters...
You are chosen!

Do any of you feel they belong in one of these categories? that they try to play FPS specifically accordingly to one of these approaches? If so, then, you can probably help me.

I'm looking for key elements each of these archetypes of players are looking for within the game itself, what makes them enjoy their experience. The obvious reason is I'm making an fps that tries to find alternate ways to accomplish goals so that each of these archetypes can feel at home, but the discussion is not about the reason, but clearly about what players falling within the categories trully seek within the game to fully enjoy it.

Any pointers, players?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: