Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Ladies and gents cast your votes in for Miss OHR 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Ladies and gents cast your votes in for Miss OHR 2009 Reply with quote

Well, due to certain circumstances I could not get the thread started on Sunday, so here is to Monday. Rate the pic from 1 to 10 points and if you want also comment each entry(this is optional). The lack of entries makes me wanna cry, and the lack of serious ones makes me cry even more, but entries are entries, so here they are:

Rimudora - Miss Clover

Rimudora - Liddell

8bit - Margaret Thatcher

Deadmanintheocean - Medison

Newbie_Power - Sakura

Sew - Grandma

Gizmog1 - Softy

Uncommon
Clockwise from the top, that's Huntress, Black Canary, Catwoman, Cheshire, Lady Shiva and Oracle

Neospade - Amilia

Lucier - Yuriko

Ronin Catholic - Halito Sisters

At the end of the voting deadline, I will cast my vote distribute the bonus points.

End date for the votes will be next Tuesday the 28th of December.
Baconlabs
PURPLE IS MANLY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I'm lazy I'd like to omit my vote numbers for everything except the following:
10 points: Rimudora's Liddell because it's the obligatory winner here.
8 points: Sew's Granny because I love that style of doodling and because that's a pretty awesome granny
6 points: 8Bit's pic because it's THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Clover - 1 point - I don't go for three leaf clovers. Gotta be four if you want to get lucky.

Liddell - 10 points - I'm sure this is exactly what Ysoft had in mind when he started the contest. Probably printed it out and hung it over his bed, and you know what? I think I'm going to also. Beautiful.

Margaret Thatcher - 1 Point - This "lady" ruined my vacation to Argentina. Why couldn't you have invaded Cancun instead? Stupid Imperialists

Medison - 1 point - A for effort, and it's nice that someone drew a family member other than Sew, but I can't get behind this at all. Snakes don't belong in the bedroom.

Sakura - 8.6 points - Newbie did a great job, capturing that pure love you only find between newly-weds. This honeymoon portrait is worth the dollar Hachi commissioned for it.

Sew's Grandma - 8 points - She's cute in a way that's hard to define. As always I like Sew's style, it vaguely reminds me of a more subdued Van Gogh.

Softy - 1 Point - What MS Paint thread did this thing escape from. It looks like the kind of thing a moron would have as his avatar. Oh, and a tip, Mr. Artist: Next time, draw the whole thing, don't just draw half and flip it. Symmetry is boring.

Girls, Girls, Girls - 7 points - It's good, but it could really use more focus. If he had drawn one of these girls really really well, instead of all of them average, I would've given it a lot more love.

Amilia - 4 points - Something about the perspective on the boobs hurts my eyes.

Yuriko - 7 points - Would fit into most any game perfectly, but it's a little too big in this resolution. I don't like that you can see the pixels so well.

Halito Sisters - 1 points - Clearly the winner.
Rimudora
Psychopath yandere
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning to not vote, but I wanted to remind Ysoft that he owes me ten dollars, and I'd look like (even more of) a jerk if I replied to this thread without voting. So here's my honest take on all the pics.

Miss Clover - 1 point - Too realistic.

Liddell - 10 points - Because I'm that awesome. Gimme my money.

Margaret Thatcher - 5 points - Margaret is old and ugly, but that fairy in the corner looks boneable.

Medison - 3 points - Red italic text doesn't make a picture sexy. Boobs do. If you can't draw big boobs, then just crop it out of the picture like I did.

Sakura - 6 points - I can't really say anything bad structurally, although his so-called "love" seems only lukewarm at best to me.

Sew's Grandma - 8 points - the colors fit well. Plus, I think it's a really thoughtful idea to enter a grandparent into a beauty pagent as a Christmas present.

Softy - 1 Point - I can see her as Hachi's girlfriend in the next OHR House.

Girls Girls Girls - 7 points - Can't think of anything funny to say here, sorry. I pretty much agree with what Giz says.

Amilia - 3 points - Neospade you fucking twat. You do *not* use a pose like that without showing some cleavage. The whole *point* of that pose is to show cleavage. God fucking dammit.

Yuriko - 9 points - Good sprite-work. Her jaw looks caved in or dislocated. Moving it one pixel to the left and up would do wonders.

Halito Sisters - 1 points - Needs more rock guitars.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... Since there are apparently low amount of votes, I will extend the deadline to Sunday January 3rd of 2010.

Please vote.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted to make an entry for this contest, I just never had the time :P

Miss Clover - 7 - Very cute for a silly entry. Mr Triangle can be kindofa jerk sometimes. Does he have what it takes to win her heart?

Liddell - 10 - Although the distribution of pink vs grey in her face as a result of OHR palette conversion is a little disturbing to me, she is too good not to give full marks.

Margaret Thatcher - 6 - Got a good laugh from this one. This is the stuff of Ronald Reagan's nightmares.

Medison - 5 - Sexy? The jury is still out :)

Sakura - 6 - Hehe. The faces in this one still crack me up :)

Grandma - 10 - Hilarious, and very nicely styled. I can't decide if she looks like she is checking her Facebook status or playing "Doodle Jump"

Softy - 4 - Hmmm...

Huntress, Black Canary, Catwoman, Cheshire, Lady Shiva and Oracle - 7 - Fun Fact, ran into a copy of the comic this is parodying in a dollar bookstore while Christmas shopping. Almost bought it just for the refewrence, but didn't know who I would give it to.

Amilia - 6 - Kawaii, Amelia, keep living the Kawaii.

Yuriko - 10 - Hey this is just ripped from the portraits in Genesis! ... and I don't care! Great pixeling!

Halito Sisters - 5 - I love that one of the sisters has mime makeup. I'll bet the other sisters are embarrassed to be seen in public with her :)
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ladies and gents cast your votes in for Miss OHR 2009 Reply with quote

Miss Clover
9. The Irishman in me likes what he sees.

Liddell
5. What is she, albino? Anime? Animebino?

Margaret Thatcher
7. Margaret was an awesome person, from some point in history.

Medison
8. She'd be a shoe-in if she weren't snake on the bottom (contrary to popular belief, boobs are not what make for sexiness).

Sakura
4. I'm not exactly sure what I don't like about this one.

Grandma
6. I'm not quite sure what I like about this one.

Softy
5. Unremarkable.

Clockwise from the top, that's Huntress, Black Canary, Catwoman, Cheshire, Lady Shiva and Oracle
4. Bulk content bonus! Loss of two points for use of middle finger.

Amilia
5. Unremarkable.

Yuriko
7. Great sprite work.

Halito Sisters
6. I give each one a 2, and add their scores together.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rimudora - Miss Clover-6; no beauty points, 5 for manga style (the eyes at least), 5 for ohr format style
Total:16
I feel like you could have done better.

Rimudora - Liddell - 10; 10 for beauty, 5 for manga, 5 for ohr.
Total: 30
The only gripe I have with this one is the hand proportion, I honestly think its not proportioned right.

8bit - Margaret Thatcher - 1; no bonus
Seriously, she looks like a guy who put baloons on his chest to pass as a girl, I believe the correct term for this is crossdresser.
I like the fairy though, but not enough to give you any more points.

Deadmanintheocean - Medison - 1; no bonus
If thats sexy for you, I don't know what ugly is. Guess its true what they say, beauty is in eyes of the beholder. Makes good enemy though.

Newbie_Power - Sakura - 5; no bonus
She is cute, but if you would draw her by herself and at least did some digital editing she would have made a good rival for Liddel

Sew - Grandma - 5; no bonus
The art is pretty good, but I am not into realism, otherwise good art.

Gizmog1 - Softy - 4; 5 for manga style; no ohr or beauty; total: 9
What can I say, one of Gizmog1's better entries.

Uncommon
- 6; no bonus
Sorry Unc, they just don't appeal to me, they are well drawn but thats about it.

Neospade - Amilia - 6; bonus for all categories; 10,5,5; Total: 26
Pretty good drawing, weird pose, but good nonetheless.

Lucier - Yuriko 7; bonus for all categories;10,5,5: Total: 27
Pretty good drawing, one of the better entries in this contest.

Ronin Catholic - Halito Sisters - 1;no bonus
Pretty good boss monster or a regular cannon fodder monster, but miss ohr she aint.
Spoonweaver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rimudora - Miss Clover
4 lucky points

Rimudora - Liddell
5 face-punching point

8bit - Margaret Thatcher
2 tentacled points

Deadmanintheocean - Medison
5 sexy points

Newbie_Power - Sakura
4 creepy points

Sew - Grandma
4 ipod points

Gizmog1 - Softy
3 face triangle points

Uncommon
1 point per lady; 6 total points

Neospade - Amilia
4 ironic points

Lucier - Yuriko
6 pixel points

Ronin Catholic - Halito Sisters
3 headed points
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting was over a week ago, I posted the last one like I said I would.
Spoonweaver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: