Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Miss OHR 2009 contest.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Miss OHR 2009 contest. Reply with quote

Well, I know its way past due and I don't think we had a miss ohr 2008 contest but nevertheless here it is.

Your job is to draw a female character, be it beast-woman, monster girl, or whatever, as long as we can tell its a female, its in.

The rules:

1. If the image is risque, put a link to the image with the label "NSFW".
2. The image has to be your drawing.
3. The character can be from game, manga, cartoons, or whatever.
4. Please name your character as well.

You can use any software you want, heck you can draw it on a paper and scan it, I don't care, as long as you draw it and submit it, its in.

Voting:

The voting will start after the contest ends and will run for 1 week. I will allow an extra day for late submissions. It will be based on 10 point system. 10 being the highest, 1 being the lowest score. If there is a tie, I will cast the final or extra vote to break it. Bonus points well be awarded as follows.

1. 5 points for image drawn with OHR or image being any of the ohr graphics sizes.
The sizes being, 16x16, 20x20, 34x34,32x40. 50x50, 80x80, 320x200.
If the image is done outside of ohr, it has to be done with the current ohr master palette and be easily importable into the program.

2. 5 points for image drawn in manga/anime style. I prefer late 80s and early 90th art manga style, example would be anime/manga such as slayers, or ranma 1/2, these are just general ideas.

3. 10 points for a cute character(this will be based on my opinion alone.) Let me explain what I mean by this, you get 10 points if the character is beautiful, that includes beautifully drawn, the overall appearance of the character is pleasing to the eyes, etc.

I of course will also participate in this contest.

Now for the prizes. First place gets $10 payable by Paypal. Second and 3rd place will get $5 each. If you don't have Paypal account, I cannot pay you, in this case you get the bragging rights of being 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place winner.

Enjoy! The contest will run till December 20th, good luck.

Edit: The start date is the date of this post, ie, November 19th.

Last edited by Ysoft_Entertainment on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Miss OHR 2009 contest. Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Miss OHR 2009 contest. Reply with quote

Surlaw wrote:
Ysoft_Entertainment wrote:
2. 5 points for image drawn in manga/anime style.

This is a terrible rule.

Whilst I prefer to use the style, other people wouldn't. I second Surlaw on that.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Miss OHR 2009 contest. Reply with quote

Your job is to draw a female character, be it beast-woman, monster girl, or whatever, as long as we can tell its a female, its in.

Mrs Triangle?

1. If the image is risque, put a link to the image with the label "NSFW".

This goes without saying that I'll be editing posts that fail to do this anyway.

You can use any software you want, heck you can draw it on a paper and scan it, I don't care, as long as you draw it and submit it, its in.

THANK YOU.

2. 5 points for image drawn in manga/anime style.

This rule will only serve to attract a total of 2 extra people to the contest, and discourage 10 from joining. Having a preferential, personal bias for or against a particular art style is fine, but I guarantee it will be reflected heavily in the community voting.

3. 10 points for a cute character(this will be based on my opinion alone.)

Huh?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Miss OHR 2009 contest. Reply with quote

Since Ysoft is volunteering the prize money, I support his right to make up his own rules.

In that spirit I offer a $5 prize to any individual contestant who successfully completes a full 12 entries on a cohesive style that can be formatted as a 2010 pin-up calendar and sold (by the artist) via Cafepress, or some other equivalent publishing service that does calendars.

I also offer a separate $5 prize for the single entry that I personally like best (and I am not allowed to vote for my own ;)
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Miss OHR 2009 contest. Reply with quote

James Paige wrote:
In that spirit I offer a $5 prize to any individual contestant who successfully completes a full 12 entries on a cohesive style that can be formatted as a 2010 pin-up calendar and sold (by the artist) via Cafepress, or some other equivalent publishing service that does calendars

I attempted to jump-start an idea like this before, but it turns out that there just aren't that many recognizable Female OHR characters.

Unless you count Neke, Julia, Misa du Hamstre, Sasha, Vulpes, Mi'La, Silhouette, Hati, Rell, Yoriko, Woo, and Evil Kitty.
Rimudora
Psychopath yandere
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my submission for Miss OHR 2009. I'm putting up a link because she's not wearing anything.

http://rmsephy.250free.com/sephart/clover.PNG

Her name is Miss Clover. Her name used to be Miss Circle before she hit the teenage years. She's a character that I made up for a Mr Triangle fanfic that I've been writing over the past two years. I lost all the .doc files from this fanfic so I can't link you to that. Sorry. RedMaverickZero I'd be very flattered if you want to star Miss Clover in a future Mr. Triangle game. Please PM me and I'll send you details about her character and backstory.

By the way, according the the rules I've already won 10 points (maybe even more, if Ysoft thinks she's as cute as I do), putting Miss Clover in the lead for this contest. Work hard, everyone!
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also the anime/manga style rule is pretty subjective, i mean what exactly is and isn't considered to be that style? do the eyes need to be a certain size to be "anime" enough?
8bit
Clutcher of toes.

Location: In the thoughts and dreams of all the world's children.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. They just need to look generic and uninteresting. Bonus points for BIG HAIR.

EDIT: Here's my entry. I call it Margaret Thatcher With Large Breasts Being Menaced By A Tentacle While A Chibi Angel Cries In Neo Tokyo Seconds Before Its Destruction. Enjoy.

Deadmanintheocean
Not Quite.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell that at this rate, no one's going to take this seriously.
8bit
Clutcher of toes.

Location: In the thoughts and dreams of all the world's children.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's not serious?
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... the bonus points are just that, bonus, they are optional and not part of the actual rules. Its up to you whether you want to take them or not.

Regardless manga/anime style. Its up to the person to know that, I am not forcing the people to draw in that style, its totally optional. for examples of what I consider manga/anime, look up japanese comics from 1980(I know that there are manga that was made before 1980) till now. Another good example of manga/anime style is teen titans(yes I know its created in USA).

Last edited by Ysoft_Entertainment on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pumpkinbot
Rock beats scissors! >:D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8bit wrote:
Who's not serious?

Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Miss OHR 2009 contest. Reply with quote

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:
James Paige wrote:
In that spirit I offer a $5 prize to any individual contestant who successfully completes a full 12 entries on a cohesive style that can be formatted as a 2010 pin-up calendar and sold (by the artist) via Cafepress, or some other equivalent publishing service that does calendars

I attempted to jump-start an idea like this before, but it turns out that there just aren't that many recognizable Female OHR characters.

Unless you count Neke, Julia, Misa du Hamstre, Sasha, Vulpes, Mi'La, Silhouette, Hati, Rell, Yoriko, Woo, and Evil Kitty.

You forgot to add Valkyrie.

The poster above has one freaky cat Ha ha ha! don't expect the cute points for it though, so whats her name?

Here is a good article describing what manga is, it also has the definition of style. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga
Deadmanintheocean
Not Quite.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my entry. Her name is medus.. er.. Madison.
I think I deserve points for not giving her a bottom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: