Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The Maiden Has Fallen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepsi Ranger wrote:

20 minutes? Yikes. That had to be pretty boring.

Guess that means I designed it right?

I guess I was in a meditative state at the time. After about 5 minutes or so, I concluded that I was doing it wrong, but I kept going for another 15 in the hopes that I could kill it the wrong way, and something cool would happen (Hyena Joins the Team!)

Now what would be cool is if I ever get around to implementing 'Plan for enemy AI improvements', then you could make it so that the hyena realizes that you have blinded it, and switches to a different attack.

Pepsi Ranger wrote:

James wrote:
... If you had a shorter version of the music, and then re-matched the timing of the scene to the shorter version of the song, you could retain the same mood without cutting any dialog or screens.

Actually, this is one of the few shortening tricks I'd agree on. The obstacle, though, is in the actual shortening of the song. Since it's a premade midi, and one based off a real song no less, I don't think I'd have any way of doing this properly without killing the track.

Yeah, that is the tricky part. I have zero midi-editing skill myself, but you never know, some skilly midi composer might offer to give it a shot.
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
I guess I was in a meditative state at the time. After about 5 minutes or so, I concluded that I was doing it wrong, but I kept going for another 15 in the hopes that I could kill it the wrong way, and something cool would happen (Hyena Joins the Team!)

You know, I really love that idea. Beat the hyena into submission and become its master. I may try something like that for Chapter 3. Then I could increase the puzzle element by doing something like I did with Junkyard Bob's Mission: Impossible and have the hyena controllable as a second, but separate hero (by a controlling device, of course). I'll have to keep a note on it.

James wrote:
Now what would be cool is if I ever get around to implementing Plan for enemy AI improvements, then you could make it so that the hyena realizes that you have blinded it, and switches to a different attack.

I was hoping to do stuff like that eventually anyway. On a sort of similar note, I know TMC made a suggestion about using "dust" attacks against the Wingamabob that would wear off after a short time. The method I tried froze battle until the dust wore off, making it pointless. So I'd be interested to see how improved AI would counterbalance issues with timed attacks.

Either way, I'm looking forward to making my battles better.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tightfloss Maiden was updated a few minutes ago. Go get it. This will be the last Chapter 1 exclusive version. After many, many years, I am finally happy with this thing. And I am happy that I can finally move on to Chapter 2.

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=210

Let me know if anything breaks on you. As usual, comments are appreciated, especially about the fancy new tricks.

Special thanks to Camdog for extending the main theme to fit the entire intro.

If you haven't played the game before, this is the time to check it out. If you have, the new improvements are still worth seeing.

Enjoy.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: