Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Hmm... what should I do first?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Awful Waffle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Hmm... what should I do first? Reply with quote

I've got a non-serious problem, but I'll ask you people for your opinion becasue I'm sure that many of you are quite "OHR educated".

Should I totally complete my game graphically, and story..ically (?) first, and then after the game is completed in those aspects, come back to the beginning and start implementing stats for my Heros, Enemys, spells, and items, as well as creating side quests and secrets. IMO, this would probably make a more balanced game because all the statistics are fresh in my memory so I can build them up accordingly.

Or should I totally create the game as the story develops, finishing up every catagory so by the time I've finished the final event, then game is done.

Any suggestions? How do you guys go about the stages in developing a game?
Velduanga
I heard there were bagels here...

Location: A town away from White Owl, I kid you not, unless he moved.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er..is this a question of planning or winging it? Frankly I don't see the benefit of just building without planning. Even right now I'm on the map planning stages of my own game. I'd stick with paper creating my game. I've been trying to write down everything but the text boxes(I have a notebook almost full of just three games). It's up to you, but very few professional RPGs are any good being built from scratch. It gets overwhelming, but it's easier than being frustrated on not knowing on what to do next.

"If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice"-Tom Clancy
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you as you said, do all the battles, items, stats together, you'll probably have an easier time balancing the battles. If you don't do them together, you'll have to come back when you've finished the game and revise them anyway.

But, it's completely up to you how you make your game.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think right about now, Sir Phoenix wouldn't care if I said this:

Most of our games, we begin with with the hero graphics, both walkabout and battle, then the maptiles to start things off, then any backdrops we may need, like a Title Screen, we make sure we have enough music to work with, then from there, we make additional stuff as we go along.

Neo Krysta II, believe it or not, was a winged game. Everything about that was made up as we went along. It's funny it turned out better than its sequel and prequel.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
planethunter
Lost In Emotion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest it doen't really matter. I have a habbit of changing stats around
and the like. The only way you can really know what suits you is to make a
game and learn from your mistakes. Whatever anybody says here, the first
game they made was usually crap and at best average.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: