Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The (complete) DRAGON Fight!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: The (complete) DRAGON Fight! Reply with quote

http://www.castleparadox.com/songlist-display.php?song=304

Our hero makes his triumphant march through the old town, a lush castle visible in the distance, when suddenly the sun is blotted out in one terrifying instant as the dragon's wings above, pass over them. Before the sun's rays again touch the town, our hero is off to catch the foul beast, and in minutes they are locked in an epic stand off.

Hopefully the rating will go higher now that the thing's complete Wink

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, maybe I should explain this whole thing. I'm applying to write music for a 3d rpg called "Draco Pangaia". They simply gave me an image to work from:

I was impressed, considering this is just a simple concept image.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out these guys are terrible at public relations.

On the community site for the engine they use, they posted their concept shit in a SHOWCASE thread, which is reserved for completed demos and things. They ended up getting defensive when this was pointed out, and now there's 10 pages of arguing there.

Now that I have access to their story, I've been let down further. It's very cliche, horribly written, and etc. Hell, the first chapters a few paragraphs long, and the two brothers claim they've been working on the plot for three years.

I'm gonna wait until I see the alpha they come up with, maybe the gameplay and graphics will save it. Until then I will remain completely skeptical.

Oh, and the actual final version can be heard on my site: myspace.com/artimusbena

I added a part and tweaked some things, but didn't feel that uploading and announcing the song AGAIN on CP was the right thing to do.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or does "Spearbang" sound vaguely... naughty?
Bug finder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only because you've been banging your spear.

Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaguely? Well now that you mention it moogle, I've always found the team name rather stupid as well.

However, there is a silver lining. The lead coder I've known some time, and is, shall I say, very good at his job. Sane to boot. We have the intention of making a 3d Eldardeen, with the eventual intention of making it an online-capable action rpg of sorts. There's also a couple of people on the team worth pilfering eventually.

edit: if the game name had been kept "The Dragon Sword", I wouldn't have even bothered.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really sad, Bena.

It sucks when you put your heart and soul into something just to find out that it's far from what it was cracked up to be.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: