Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

"Destiny's many fates..." releasing soon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: "Destiny's many fates..." releasing soon Reply with quote

Update:
9/19/14
Destiny's many fates possibly renaming "Untold Fates"

Description: Game features several different character designs and backgrounds. I've added two bonus characters including a female character.

Manhunter the Bandit King
Titas the Wizard
Decian the Kings Champion
Mort the Shadow
Buraku the Bowmen
Micheal the Monk
Scythe the Treasure Hunter

Each story is different and full of choices that alter them creating many paths you may go down.50+ Mini quests to create more replay value past the main quests.

Current work:Redoing some of the towns.
Redoing walk about graphics
Character design redo-Done

I'm currently in the middle of redoing old work to make it look better. Almost all of the world is already done or laid out I just need to go back and work out the kinks right now.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by cavemanerick on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... will this be a full release? Also when is soon? Are you done with the game and only need to test it now?

Do you play multiple characters at once or do you choose between one of them at the beginning?
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
MADSOFT Games
Representing more than 80% of the internet!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting I guess...You didn't really have to include who your friends and yourself are in the game since we don't really know them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Meatballsub
Divine Bovine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, will it kinda be like SaGa Frontier then as far as the multiple endings go? You pick one character and go through their story?

I'm curious how the rogue/bandit and archer/crossbowmen will be different from each other, but I guess I'll find out about that soon.
Inspiration
Anti-Protagonist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds kind of like Live A Live for SNES.

Judging by your previous Plotscript-help thread, it seems that you are still pretty new to the engine.
I would highly recommend that you polish your skills a little bit before jumping onto something epic.

However, if you're really up to the challenge of creating this monster, then the best of luck to you.

(Also, screen-shots are the best way to build up hype!)
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, will it kinda be like SaGa Frontier then as far as the multiple endings go? You pick one character and go through their story?

I'm curious how the rogue/bandit and archer/crossbowmen will be different from each other, but I guess I'll find out about that soon.

Quote:
So... will this be a full release? Also when is soon? Are you done with the game and only need to test it now?

Do you play multiple characters at once or do you choose between one of them at the beginning?

i'm not familar with saga frontier, but you do pick a hero in begining and then have choices during there storyline for posible multiple endings its all to be determined how it works out completely still. It will be released as soon as posible i'm pulling all nighters and getting my buddy whose an artist and does Battle systems for a living to help out with that part of the game, i have enemies already made with bosses all omost done already, the world is 98% done 1 specail area of the world i have to specail design still so its on its way definitly, i don't have an exact date yet tho k.

Quote:
Sounds interesting I guess...You didn't really have to include who your friends and yourself are in the game since we don't really know them.

yeah i know but i want to give them some credit here and little focus on the idea of what went behind the game k

Sounds kind of like Live A Live for SNES.

Quote:
Judging by your previous Plotscript-help thread, it seems that you are still pretty new to the engine.
I would highly recommend that you polish your skills a little bit before jumping onto something epic.

However, if you're really up to the challenge of creating this monster, then the best of luck to you.

well i'm expierenced with more complex scripting so this should be cake as soon as i figure out the more complicated stuff and brush up on my skills since i'm kinda rusty, and if i need any help i'll just go to my many friends who program also so i'll be good lol, or post here
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take this the wrong way, but you should really use a spellcheck for your game. It's one thing to have mistakes in your posts (and most of us will generally ignore it), but it really drops your game's professionalism when half your dialogue is riddled with errors.

Anyway, your game sounds like it has potential. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i knew it was only going to be a matter of time till someone said that i know i know, i don't care in posts but i will in my game so don't worry k Big grin
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

yeah who knows who remebers this game coming out but its still in production still waiting on my bud for stats he says hes done with them just that since he works full management work like 7 days a week of work he barely gets anytime to do anything. I'm going to call him and just get him to read the stats over to me i think now. I'm also finishing last part of maptiles for the specail "kazute mystic area forest" which is last part of game not finished for the world.

Only other thing i'll have trouble with in the world is i made chests tiles when i should of made them npc's much easier so fix this and that and major production will start where i start to make each characters story and changes during there timelines to the game depending on who you choose. I'll start pulling all nighters at this point and use tons of caffine to stay up and if a friend helps it would be much aprpeciated my friend from college is back in so he may stay up all night with me on this all so got time and the will power to finish this just waiting on my stats friend is all. sorry for the delay i'll get working again immendantly.

Plus christmas break is soon so tons of time. So hopefully after christmas break it will be done but don't know for sure of that so wouldn't take it as fact k, i also need to finish a flash animation me and my friends have been working on so lots of work there too so yeh tons of work lol.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: sorry Reply with quote

cavemanerick wrote:
I'm going to call him and just get him to read the stats over to me i think now.

You don't think e-mail might be easier?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he doesn't have a computer i don't think so anyways
cavemanerick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Back in action Reply with quote

Well i've gotten my stats done with my friend now. I've spent all of last night and most of today working on this game its coming along nicely and i hope to finish it in about a month but thats not a for sure thing still. I'm having slight problems with how i want to set up the world but it should be too much of an issue just a little bit more work. I'm right now working on making weapons, items, spells, and attacks, after that it should be some smooth sailing as long as the battle system works fine.

Heres some info on the game i didn't include on first post

I've decided something sense this game features 7 characters and which of each start in 7 parts of the world, i'm making the battle system extremely old school but realistic. In certain areas there will be stronger creatures and in certain super weak also mid average areas, you will not play through the game smoothly and just beat it in about 2 to 3 hours you'll have to work for each quest, and train. I know this will lose alot of people who might have been interested before but i don't care i'd rather it this way.

I'm going to have 1 character that starts higher leveled then the others sense his begining stats need to be high for where he lives and his first quest but he will progress slower then anyone else in the game evening him out further along. I didn't want to do this but its neccasary now.
msw188

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that you want him to learn levels more slowly than other characters so that they end up passing him up in levels? This is not particularly easy to do, although some people here have done it I believe.

This website link is for my funk/rock band, Euphonic Brew:
www.euphonicbrew.com
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means the character has lower stat growth. You're probably overthinking this one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A more simple (or at least less technical) solution would be to have his maximum stats lower than other characters so that when he levels up, his stats don't increase as much as other characters do. Then if you need a version with stronger maximum stats, you can either replace the hero with a different version that has new stat caps or change the maximum stats through plotscripting.

EDIT: Moogle1 beat me to it.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: