Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

LET THE GAMING AND VOTING BEGIN~~!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djfenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: LET THE GAMING AND VOTING BEGIN~~!!! Reply with quote

Games and Voting Info

Same as the other years. Play the games, vote top 3. It's early in the morning, and I'm dead tired, so if you don't mind, I'll go kill myself now.

VOTING WILL GO ON TILL AUGUST 5th

Happy Gaming ^_~

EDIT (Inferior Minion): Added the page to CP
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait.. I thought RedMav's game was Mr. Triangle's Battle Royale?
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here were my votes and some mini reviews of them:

Blow Up-
This is the one that got to me for it's gameplay. It had my blood running a little too fast. I went scrambling for the right key, looking down at the keyboard instead of instinctually tapping the right key. The game made me nervous and twitchy, it was the biggest success of the contest.

King's Basement II-
There aren't enough open ended story video games. The story in this one is more dynamic than the one in H&R48HrWitgBNGW, even if 99% of the endings have you becoming the monster's queen. We have to sacrifice GFX and such, but who gives a rats ass?

IMD VR Missions-
I was conflicted as to putting my own game on here, but... I think that it might be the best game I've made so far. I take the sarcasm of the IMD games and inject it into the actual gameplay with the first two missions, being ludicrously easy murder mysteries. With the third mission I went for the same thing I did with Bastard.GUNS '82, which was to make an RPG format boss fight that was heavily influenced by Metal Gear Solid, but this one was much tighter and more controlled than B.G82. The enemies still spawn wherever the hell they want to, but where the enemies are doesn't affect the gameplay, so who cares. With a little more time, I'd have added graphical effects so that it would be clearer what's going on, but instead, I think I'll just put a guide up on the MB so that players can appreciate the gimmicks more thoroughly.

Others I almost voted for-

Beyond the Moon, which was cool, but it was another platformer tech demo. The best one yet of course.

Sephy's Game, which had a cool gimmick with the summoning of an alter ego, but I couldn't get the gimmick to work.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Gnome
Trix Bunny Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Blow Up - Great plotscripting and gameplay.
2) Totally... Gihern! - Dude, this game rocks.
3) Rampaging Guiniea Pig - Who doesn't like a guiniea pig that wants to kill everyone?

EDIT: To change vote.

My website

Last edited by Gnome on Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
djfenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops... my bad... I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake...

EDIT:
IMPORTANT
Ok... now I've just realized that there are many people who did not email their sumbition to me and just put it into the gamelist without notifying me. Can the people who has done this tell me right now?
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is currently down. Brinkster has crappy bandwidth Raspberry!. Here's a list of all the 48 hour games currently avaliable on the game list in one, easy to find place until the site gets back up.

Billy's Lost Soap by Gnome
Blow Up by Squall
Frankfurter's Quest for Soap by Dark Blubber
I Made Dis: VR Missions by Rolling Stone
It Came From Beyond the Moon by Retrogamer and Chaos Nyte
MIX by JSH and Poodles
Mr. Triangle's Battle Royal by RedMaverickZero
OHR Arena by Aethreal and MulticoloredWizard
Rampaging Guinea Pig by Fenrir-Lunaris
Sephy's 48 Hour game by Sephyroth
Totally... Gihern! by PHC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gnome
Trix Bunny Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Squall. Djfenix, e-mailed you the wrong one and then my email started screwing up so I just decided to put it on the gamelist. Please download this one. Thank you.

My website
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail only works sporatically. I apologise for the delay in this message as well, though as Squall has pointed out, there is a submission for me this year (when I had gone and said I wouldn't have one). I believe an appropriate number of points should be deducted because...

A. It doesn't use the 48hours.rpg file in the package. I could not get it to save.

B. It uses only 4 premade graphics from my official current game.

Good luck to the other contestants involved in the contest.
djfenix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... everything is fine now. Wooo....

Anyways, get voting!
Eclipse
Eclipse Computer Entertainment

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: OHR Arena! Reply with quote

I liked OHR Arena the best out of the submitted games. I think that it was incredibly original, and the gameplay was quite good, too. The music suited the game perfectly. So, on behalf of Eclipse Productions (which, actually, is just me), I vote for OHR Arena.

My second choice is Billy's Lost Soap (funny game, lol), and third is I Made Dis: VR Missions.

Don't know if you agree with me, but these were my favourites.

Questions or comments? Send an e-mail to
eclipsoftproductions@hotmail.com today.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a .zip with all the game files in it.

Clickee
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SDHawk
Silent One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Votes Reply with quote

1. Totally... Gihern!

I really liked the battles in it, very fast paced and sort of frantic. Plus it has geeks dressing as Gandalf, Spock, and Grimace as your party. How can you get a better party then that? You can't.

2. Blow Up

Makes your heart race, and generally fun.

3. It came from beyond the moon

The second cut scene and ending makes the game. Plus a preety good sidescrolling tech demo while it's at it.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my three votes.
1) Rampaging Gineau Pig
2) It came from beyond the Moon
3) Totally Gihern...

I picked these, because I thought they had the most potential, and I would like to see larger copies of these. Especially Rampaging Gineau Pig, because it was unlike a lot of the games I have played. I liked the fact that it was promotion for the other games made by Fenrir-Lunaris. I liked It came from beyond the moon because it had a neat cartoony appeal, which is different. I like the imaginative skills put into that.

Last edited by RedMaverickZero on Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Hachi-Roku
From now until forever.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Sephyroth's 48 hour game - I liked the Ross/Rmsephy SP switching mechanism a lot, so much that I put this game at the top. Basic, semi-decent graphics, and having a reasonable plot flow throughout the game secure Sephy's 48 hour game the No. 1 spot.

2. OHR Arena - This game had a hundred different points for potential, but only filled about twenty of them. I could see that Aeth/MCW wanted to do much more with OHR Arena, but simply didn't have enough time, most of them being good balance between the classes. Also, the painstakingly low cash flow between battles, while neccessary if you want any chance in hell of beating THE CHAMPION, takes an extrenously long time. Yet, the graphics are arguably in the top three of the 48 hour games (and among some of the nicest I've seen around the OHR), and the AP regenerating system seems like it could be a good system with a bit of expansion, and OHR Arena captures my No.2 slot.

3. There is no number three.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hachi is RIGHT on the spot. OHR Arena's design.doc file has so much stuff in it that wasn't added to the game. This is why Aeth and I still choose to continue adding things to the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: