Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

So we're going to BAN you Eggie
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: So we're going to BAN you Eggie Reply with quote

I speak on behalf of the community, and with the full support of the Administrators and the Moderators.

Eggie, also known by the guest spammer nick "ihateyou", you are hereby accused of harrasment, spamming, reviving dead threads, and of being a N*wbie. Repeated checks by the Paradox Castle Guards have revealed that though your IP adress is dynamic in nature, your ability to disguise it was not, and hence your identity as a spammer and troll has been made clear.

I am recognised for my fairness and my general ability to get along with virtually everyone. Even those many would easily outcast, or look down upon because of their "newness" to this community, I befriend. As many well know, I have never directly called someone a N*wbie. Today I break that solem vow.

Eggie, you are a
Newbie.

I want that to sink in first. The fact that you spammed the forums shows your thickheadedness, so I'm still not sure you fully understand the gravity of the situation you've gotten yourself into.

You should now understand that we intend to eject you from our presence, cut off from whatever friends and future you may have had with us. Collect your belongings and depart henceforth, however, I am leaving a single way out from this fate.

You have 24 hours from the time of this post to present sufficient evidence that you are innocent of the charges against you, and we may well reconsider the proposed ban on you. Present them in this thread, within 24 hours or you will be banned. If you do not comply, you will be banned.

Here's one for the road.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Update)

Since he's not banned, it must mean it was his evil anti-OHR brother on a home network. Read this..

eggie wrote:
I can understand that you think it is me, really, but it wasn't. You see, I have this older brother, and as you can guess I shall say it was him. He is against Jame Paige's OHR program because he thinks developing RPGs is a waste of time. He watched what I do on Castle Paradox, and since he knows about forums in other regions of the Web he signed up as "ihateu". You can say it was me, or not.

Until further notice this ban is henceforth repealed.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty lame excuse if you ask me...
msw188

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: My thoughts. Reply with quote

I agree that the excuse sounds pretty lame and made-up, but consider the possibility that it is true. What could Eggie do? Nothing but tell the truth, no matter how stupid it sounds. How dare Castle Paradox BAN him with no proof that he is lying? I'd propose some kind of grace period for Eggie to establish a password for his computer, talk to his brother, or to find another computer to use that his brother cannot infiltrate. If after this period more trouble arises, than either Eggie was lying, or he can't find a way to stop his brother from spamming, etc. with his computer, so I guess then I'd agree it should be banned. Just my thoughts.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSW, those requirements sound pretty radical. One can't expect Eggie to get a new computer which his brother can't access, nor can we expect him to take away his brothers internet privileges, all we can do is trust that he will do all he can to keep his stupid brother away from here, and to stop reviving very dead threads.

Regarding the excuse, I believe him, as I have had that same trouble before, when my little brother started spamming the boards and CN thought it was me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
msw188

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: I guess so... Reply with quote

I suppose that is true, I was figuring that talking to the brother would be the main course of action. But if the brother is for whatever reason so intent on spamming these boards, then I can only suppose that CN or whoever will be forced to ban that IP. Finding other computers can be inconvenient, but it is usually possible; computers at schools usually have internet access now, as well as some in libraries, and some of my friends have visited internet cafe's, so to speak. I'm only speaking of these things as a 'last straw' kind of tactic that shouldn't have to be used; if Eggie is telling the truth, than I'm pretty sure he'll be able to convince his brother not to spam these boards.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if someone else's brother did spam the boards, like Chimaera's, the reason it isn't as believable with Eggie is because he ALREADY spams the boards. He blatantly ignores warnings to stop reviving dead threads, and so some would see it as a lie to keep from getting banned. This isn't really all that unlikely, but yes, I'm still going to give Eggie the benefit of a doubt. If he stops reviving dead threads...
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...I don't buy Eggie's story at all...and I have my reasons...but since I'm all about second chances and shit, we'll see if Eggie shapes up...
E Pluribus Unum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want my trial for being a NEWBY LOL!!111 LIEFTIME BANN1111!

-Fyre
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, the ihateu posts didn't use capitalization, correct spelling, or proper punctuation, something that I have seen in most, if not all, of Eggie's posts. Thereby, It probably wasn't him.

And plus, a lot of people don't even pay attention to how old a thread is. If something catches my eye, I post in it. I usually don't consider looking at the date.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wait, the ihateu posts didn't use capitalization, correct spelling, or proper punctuation, something that I have seen in most, if not all, of Eggie's posts. Thereby, It probably wasn't him.

You obviously don't remember Julie.
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who?
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The account Zetes used to prove that most OHRers kiss females' asses. Which I discovered through that OHR Battle Thread of Zant.
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's that have to do with Eggie and ihateu? Look, most of us properly capitalize and punctuate and spell words right without even thinking about it. It's a habit that teachers at school have whipped into us. So you're going to tell me, Eggie concentrated on misspelling words and using improper capitalization and punctuation, denying an old habit, for the ihateu posts with no reason to do it whatsoever?
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So you're going to tell me, Eggie concentrated on misspelling words and using improper capitalization and punctuation, denying an old habit, for the ihateu posts with no reason to do it whatsoever?

A good reason to do it would be to draw suspiscion away from him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: