Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Bridge Building Board
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Bridge Building Board Reply with quote

Ok people

we know its that time

one of those times in history where an organism has to evolve, or die.

For CastleParadox, this is one of those times.

I'm not saying we have a clockover our heads or anything. Hell, some people say we're already dead. I'm just saying we need to do somthing. Or rather, ask who is willing to do somthing. Thumbs up to PHC for taking the reigns to a new mag, we now have more active space on the internet.

What I think we should do:
Venture out and make friends with some of the many indie game sites out there. I'm not saying we have to take over. Just build bridges. Maybe start up an intersite webring. Maye we shoudlt ake up low cost advertising. We just need to get out there. Because currently, we're a bunch of guys builiding a city on a lost planet, with fully capable radios, but simply hoping more people will land there on accident like they did. We need to get out there.

The Purpose of this post:
I think there should be a board, or at least a usergroup that will be created for ideas and news on revial & bridge building

Thats it.

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall

Last edited by Battleblaze on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue Pixel
SPY SAPPIN MAH FISH SANDWICH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayby a board for guest posting? nah, that would just result in more spamming and we have enought of that from james.
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that wasn't even close to being clever.

The request would be better as a PM to IM but I wanted to raise soem communtiy awareness.

-squall
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why a Forum subsection a bad idea?

I still think with or without the update we should extend our reach to other gaming websites. Because I doubt you plan to pay for advertisemnt forever. While a webring would be free, permanent, and interesting to have other points of view. What good is being zenophobic?

-squall
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleblaze wrote:

I still think with or without the update we should extend our reach to other gaming websites. Because I doubt you plan to pay for advertisemnt forever. While a webring would be free, permanent, and interesting to have other points of view. What good is being zenophobic?

Because more subsections makes things too crowded; it just looks bad, and too confusing at times. No harm in just making a thread about it.

I think it'd be better if we waited for the update. If we get more people before the update, make them all excited, and make them have to wait, most will get unexcited and forget. If we advertise with the update, then there's nothing for people to wait for, they'll be excited on the spot.
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Firstly because it isn't broad enough a subject, like music, art and sex. It's overkill.

Secondly, more people would probably see the discussion in the first place without it being some closed off board, and be inclined to put their two cents in.

I've said these things for a while bb, and maybe people just don't listen to me, or they're lazy\unconcerned.

Despite being in agreeance with this push to get ourselves out there, I find myself being pretty cynical about the whole ordeal. And having a new engine update in and of itself, is meaningless. Just updating the thing doesn't let more people know about it. (I know you've considered this guys, just saying)

In my opinion, we're--all of us--all talk. A few of us are willing to lift a finger. The majority, like you and myself, bb, are only going to talk about it. And the rest are gonna care less.

What REALLY should be focused on, is the function of the site. It has to be USEFUL. What's the point of this site if it isn't useful? This whole thing reeks of american politics, always reaching out, and barely giving thought to issues back home. Unfortunately, and yes I'm guilty too, this site is barely any help at all. No matter how many people we reel in at this point, it won't take any of them long to see this. Even the dumber, less observant new members can sense lack-of-helpfulness.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could start this as a thread in your public journal. However, this site needs LESS forums, not MORE forums.

I wrote up a proposal for a revamp a while back, and this was the end result:

Castle Paradox
+ Temp Game Review Links ( link link link link)
+ Paradox Lounge
+ Creative Corner (Post and critique stories, music and art)
OHRRPGCE
+ OHR Discussion (Talk about the engine and the games made with it)
+ Plotscripting Help
+ Game Design Discussion

There's barely enough active people to support the existing forums.
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually made a website for ideas and suggestions...It was called Indy OHR I actually did lift a finger to do it but I never got it off the ground...http://indyohr.s5.com/

Also what I think would stimulate people doing stuff is if cube stopped dying for months at a time and got the system for points awarded for doing stuff was Finally implemented.

Anyone ever notice most of Uncommon's OHR apocalypse theory has come true? I find that a bit unsettling. He did say the newspapers and mini sites where the bread and butetr of the community, look where they are now...

-squall
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleblaze wrote:
Also what I think would stimulate people doing stuff is if cube stopped dying for months at a time and got the system for points awarded for doing stuff was Finally implemented.

That's not Cube's fault. He has a job and has still managed to implemented most of the system in his free time. It's all waiting on me to finish up the integration. I haven't had any free time in months due to work and school. Sorry, but adding features to CP is at the bottom of my list right now. Things should change once the summer starts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googlepages is a good host.
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something Awful is incredibly popular. Having ads that exist on Something Awful would be a good benefit.

I don't think we need more websites, especially not one whose idea is to have more freedom and go against thought policing (which Castle Paradox doesn't have in the first place. Where have you seen ideas get shot down by moderators here?)

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie_Power wrote:
I don't think we need more websites, especially not one whose idea is to have more freedom and go against thought policing (which Castle Paradox doesn't have in the first place. Where have you seen ideas get shot down by moderators here?)

I think you mean, "Where have you seen ... moderators here?"

(o snap)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I guess that's another way of saying we're already a community that is free to speak their mind. >_<

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: