Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OHR Wii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Man

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: OHR Wii Reply with quote

'Till then I'm screwed, and for that matter 'till then there won't be a Wii RPG. Seriously, though, if some game maker were made I think it'd really do well. Not gonna happen, but any thoughts?

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are you even saying?
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii is going to have plenty of RPGs
Joe Man

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologies to fyre: my expression is severely mangled via wii

Blue Pixel
SPY SAPPIN MAH FISH SANDWICH

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does wii actually have a hard drive you can save and download stuff to?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
PlayerOne

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has an SD slot.

It would be extremely cool if Wii homebrew was able to use the external memory. To the best of my knowledge, though, it is only possible to run GC homebrew on the Wii, so far.

I wonder if there are any plans for commercial RPG makers on the Wii? It is probably the best console ever for that kind of application.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlayerOne wrote:
It would be extremely cool if Wii homebrew was able to use the external memory. To the best of my knowledge, though, it is only possible to run GC homebrew on the Wii, so far.

Theoretically, someone could make an emulator for the OHRRPGCE that would run on the XBox360, or PSP. Granted it would involve a LOT of work, but I bet it could be done.

Afterall, I've seen SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, and GBA games run on both, so it's possible.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could in theory subscribe the the XNA Creator's Club for your 360 for 99$ a year and port the OHR, but you're locked out of the disc drive. So good luck getting existing games onto the 360.
PlayerOne

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHC wrote:
The large hard drives on the 360 and PS3 make those systems far better candidates for any kind of game maker programs than the Wii, and the 360 is the only system with a competent online set up right now. Sony's will likely improve, but I am absolutely certain Nintendo's will remain extremely limited and impersonal. An RPG maker would be useless if you couldn't share the games you made online, or if you could only share them with a small group of people you personally know. That said, there have been (terrible, extremely limited) RPG Maker programs on the PS1 and PS2, and I'm sure we'll see more on this generation of systems. I'm not sure why anyone would ever want a game making program on a console when they already have a PC though.

Games wouldn't have to be distributed via the console's own internet connection as long as it's easy to transfer them. I know it's possible to stream media files to the 360 and PS3, but I don't know if it's simple to copy arbitrary files over. And the Wii and PS3 both take standard, cheap memory cards which can easily be written to by a PC.

But anyway, my thinking was that the Wii has the better input device, with the Wiimote, although thinking about it I'm not sure exactly how much of an advantage that is.

And yeah, a game creator on the PC whose games can be played on the (insert device here) might be the better way of doing it.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Man

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I'm fairly inclined to hold out on communicating online until I get a computer or a Wii keyboard comes out. like the man said, it's not much better. The advantage is clicking and dragging, which in the right environment can prove perfect for development.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: