Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

death to spam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: death to spam Reply with quote

I just noticed that there are some spam links at the bottom of every single page on CP.. They definitely don't look like google ad links. Looks like some spammer managed to hack in and append somethign to the page footer.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, those are another one of IM's get-rich-slow schemes.
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:

Very very true. Those very small ads practically pay for CP's hosting. They don't fully cover it, but I can't complain. I was approached a little over 2 months ago and I jumped at the opportunity when I saw just how unobtrusive the ads really were. I like to think of it as discounted DSL...I've moved into the basic residential rate now.
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior Minion wrote:
Moogle1 wrote:

Very very true. Those very small ads practically pay for CP's hosting. They don't fully cover it, but I can't complain. I was approached a little over 2 months ago and I jumped at the opportunity when I saw just how unobtrusive the ads really were. I like to think of it as discounted DSL...I've moved into the basic residential rate now.

Well, if they have been there for over two months, and I am only noticing them now, I guess they *are* pretty unobtrusive.
Komera

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is, I noticed them two months ago... and then promptly forgot about them. But anyway, not for the real reason I'm replying (and it's off topic, I know):

When I first read the topic (before noticing who made the post), I thought someone was threatening the Spam Man's life.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Rinku

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed them until now.

But, some of them are kinda family unfriendly; I just saw one for "Sexy Videos". And some may be illegal, like Xbox Mod Chip. So I'm not sure they're a great thing.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't those ads based on stuff it finds in your cookies though? I know I've gotten a bunch of ads that seemed to have at least a basic understanding of my interests. My objection to this is, that we're not getting a share of the profits. I think that all money made through these ads should be split evenly amongst the users active on days they're displayed. Why, just in posting today, I've earned a check for 1/327th of a cent! Only in America, baby!
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHC wrote:
Rinku wrote:
I never noticed them until now.

But, some of them are kinda family unfriendly; I just saw one for "Sexy Videos". And some may be illegal, like Xbox Mod Chip. So I'm not sure they're a great thing.

I don't think "sexy videos" will be offensive on a site where RAPE HER and HENTAI QUEST pop up in the random game screen.

And no, mod chips are not illegal.

Speaking of "sexy videos" I keep seeing the same 2 or 3 spam posts every morning at 7 when I log on to do my shiftly rounds of cleaning (about every 8 hours give or take). It's kind of sad. Like the bots couldn't at least spice it up some. Though if I see one for "hot foxgirl action", I'm going to slap someone. Seriously, that's about as close to a niche market as you can get.

Gizmog1 wrote:
Aren't those ads based on stuff it finds in your cookies though? I know I've gotten a bunch of ads that seemed to have at least a basic understanding of my interests.

Touche.

As far as modchips go, no they're not illegal, but they'd probably void your warranty if you tried to install one.
Komera

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they're based on cookies... I've never looked for, through, or anything related to loans, life insurance, or hookahs. Especially not hookahs. If they were truely based on cookies, then I should see a lot of medieval related links, fantasy, and Zelda.

And why does it have to be foxgirl action? What about the gryphon? Doesn't the gryphon get any eye candy?

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: