Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Where did you first hear about OHR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where did you first hear/find out about OHR?
Google/search engine
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Hamster Republic/OHR site etc.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Friend
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Other (post below)
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found OHR years ago from a link at an RPGmaker95 site. That would have been back in the days of The Goldape. Wow, that was three nicknames and four years ago! The Goldape to Hoshi-Sama to Uncommon to this! Time does fly!

Anyway, I was downloading any RPG maker I could find, and came across the OHRRPGCE. I did nothing with it for a year or so, until I finally took a look at it, then played Wandering Hamster. Afterwards, I was enthralled with the program, but it was another year before I found this community.

Well, I guess it was about two years ago when I first came to Zantetsuken... Huh. Seems a bit longer than that, though...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NeoRicen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zetes wrote:
I found the ohr waay back, on a dragonball z fan site. I downloaded attack of the saians (maybe ferocity, it is on the gamelist I think). at the time I was 9 years old and LOVED the game, and it alone convinced me to get ohr. Funny.

That's pretty much exactly what I did, but after getting it It wouldn't work so I left it for a long time then forgetting what it was I opened it and began making the worst game ever, thankfully the game has been deleted. :flamedevil:
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found the engine back in the days of pokemon, 5-6 years ago from a friend we both liked having contests, but it got too fierce when a kid named jubei came along and made us flame each other...

anyway, nowadays we blocked jubei and we are both still very good friends, we both still hate jubei to this day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uncommon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell the truth, back in the days when I was working with RPGmaker95, I was working on a Pokémon fan game... I'm quite ashamed of the thought now, but that is in the past now...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
djfenix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While looking for RPG RO... er... i mean information *cough cought*, I stumbled upon a little site called RPG Haven (it's down now, though). I didn't really take much notice until a while later that there was a RPG Making section. There was Toolkit, Rpg Maker 95, and OHR. I saw the OHR and said "Not this one...". So I got toolkit and rm95. RM95 didn't work at all for me since I was still using win3.1 and it wasn't capable of using 95 programs. Toolkit was WAAY too confusing. So a year later, I decided to try OHR. I downloaded it and played SAMPLE.RPG and was EXTREMELY dissappointed. Then I saw that "Origins", the only other game available on the site made with OHR. I tried it and was like... OMG...

Then i went around trying to learn and stuff. But here I am with a million 30 minute unfinished games....
Uncommon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually the same site where I found it, except that I downloaded all three, and was running win95. The game that introduced me was Wandering Hamster, though.

Interestingly enough, the first other game I played was one of yours, Endless Saga (which I also reviewed for Op:OHR some months later).
JSH357

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK it was '97 or '98 when I found the OHR.
I had heard of RM95 and decided to search for it and try it out, but I kept getting the hamster republic as a result. I finally ended up downloading Wandering Hamster and RPG Toolkit. Toolkit proved to be useless to me, so I decided to try WH. I was amazed at how good the game was, and went through my internet history to find the site I got it from. Then, I downloaded custom and the rest is history. (I don't remember what the first version I got was- I think it was right after the 4-map limitation was lifted.)
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on dosgames.com looking fo ra game called Captain Comic. After finding and downloading it, I saw where it said Game Creators. I thought Cool, you can make your own game. I wen through MegaZeux, ZZT, and many others before stumbling onto our beloved engine. I immediately started work on Kidworld, which is so big of an embarrasment to me now that I had it removed from the gamelist. I thought it was so awesome at the time, though.
Loghecktech
OHR Master

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Can Spider-Man come out and play? MUAHA! Reply with quote

file:///C:/WINDOWS/Desktop/Logan/GreenGoblinMadThrow.gif
Eggie

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 2000, I was interested in RPG Making. I searched for a creator, and found many. Some were very complex, but out of the gloomy skies of the Internet, I found OHRRPCE, the holiest of them all. (Ha Ha.)

I realized that OHRRPGCE was hard to draw stuff since I couldn't import walkabout, character, and enemy pictures (I still don't know how), so I looked for a different RPG Maker.

3 years have passed since that day...
That day of destiny and desire...

Then around a month ago, I tried using OHRRPGCE again and I found it better than all the others for it's 'Handshake' version. I then became a member of the OHRRPGCE Community. I felt I was very welcome into the community. I then used OHRRPGCE, and joined the community Castle Paradox. And here I am now. I know someone who has lots of same interests as me.

That is my story, maybe it can become a movie... a really bad movie.
Eggie

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 2000, I was interested in RPG Making. I searched for a creator, and found many. Some were very complex, but out of the gloomy skies of the Internet, I found OHRRPCE, the holiest of them all. (Ha Ha.)

I realized that OHRRPGCE was hard to draw stuff since I couldn't import walkabout, character, and enemy pictures (I still don't know how), so I looked for a different RPG Maker.

3 years have passed since that day...
That day of destiny and desire...

Then around a month ago, I tried using OHRRPGCE again and I found it better than all the others for it's 'Handshake' version. I then became a member of the OHRRPGCE Community. I felt I was very welcome into the community. I then used OHRRPGCE, and joined the community Castle Paradox. And here I am now. I know someone who has lots of same interests as me.

That is my story, maybe it can become a movie... a really bad movie.
Eggie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for putting two messages. It's my damn computer screwing up and malfunctioning.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USE THE EDIT/DELETE BUTTON THAT IS CONVIENTIENTLY PROVIDED.
PMichaud
Take the Red Pill.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed up here before OHR had shops... had to have been 7 to 8 years ago (I could probably figure it based on when the engine was released. I showed up shortly after that).

I was looking for Final Fantasy Stuff, and found it.

There are only a few people around now from then (and I don't know if they're actually around) like Steve, and Spec... I went by Harbinger.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't remember how I found it, but I first played Ferocity of the Saiyans, then went to the official site and played the version of Wandering Hamster available then. I never thought it was anything more of a nice thing to mess around with until recently, when, for some reason, I began looking for OHR games again, and stumbled upon here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: