Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Chaos Nyte?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Chaos Nyte? Reply with quote

That's right, I'd like to see more Chaos Nyte. He and Pepsi Ranger are the best OHR reviewers I've met so far. Do you have deals with either of them to supply reviews or something like that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JSH357

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody can review a game here- if CN or Pepsi wish to do so, I'm sure that they will. I'd like to see reviews by them again as well.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I said myself in the last O:OHR update to Pepsi, "Now, write for the new site, dammit." Big grin
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Aww. Reply with quote

Squall, this site is directly created by me.

Here's how it works.

Chaos Nyte and Inferior Minion-

Got the money together and bought the domain, with the intent of creating the best community site OHR has ever seen.

CN- Reviews, writes articles, does large amounts of grunt work.

Inferior Minion- Programs, does really cool stuff to the site, collects smilies.

After we got the domain, it was time to get the best and brightest to help.

Aethereal- O:OHR, a constant desire to talk about his work, and he's dependable. So he's on the team.

Misteroo- Site graphics were all by him, and as soon as we get the forum finished, he'll be hosting an art forum.

Hawk- Created the review program, which was htmlized by IM.

So yes, the site has a kick ass team for it, and we're here to make the community a great place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'd say that's an award winning team. Ha ha ha!

Are you going to host OHR contests here, as well? And what will be in the "Bios" section?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bios will simply be a spot for staff to talk about themselves and throw out a few cool links. Just people who know who's who and what they do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not too eager to jump back into the review game since it took up so much of my time way back when, but I do think this new site is something special and I'll have to admit that I'm tempted to make a few contributions, so there will more than likely be a few "Pepsi Ranger" reviews to show up on Castle Paradox, but don't expect the volume I churned out on Operation:OHR. Every once in awhile though I may decide to give a couple opinions.

However one problem I've noticed (and it may be a login issue, but I haven't confirmed it yet) is that the "Review Game" button doesn't show up for me. I have the game title, author, description, download, and statistics, but no option to review game. I won't do any reviews if I can't click on the option, so that will remain to be seen.

And as far as the site goes (just to keep everything in one post), I think you guys are doing a great job with this one. I wasn't sure if I wanted to contribute to anything post-O:OHR, but I think this site is exactly what I like to see for a community like this, so it should be interesting.

But again, don't expect the level of commitment that I gave to O:OHR because that season of my life has since passed. Just expect a few random surprises.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back, Pepsi!

To review, click on the game's name, and the "Add Review" button should be to right of the game's name. I suppose it should be right next to the name on the gamelist itself.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we not transfer some reviews from O:OHR over to here?it
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We considered uploading all the old reviews, Squall, but unless you're volunteering, the uploading of all those old reviews would require...

1. Actually taking them and uploading them to the new game list.
2. Going into each game and taking two screenshots.
3. Uploading all of the actual review into the new format.
4. Making sure all the new code works, and working closely with IM so that the whole thing doesn't explode.

So yes, it's a good idea. But unless you want to volunteer for huge amounts of thankless grunt work that would have take next to forever, it probably won't happen.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, I've got free time, and I'd love to help out with the site, so I could start by uploading all of Pepsi Rangers old reviews and see how it goes. How's that sound?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it Squall, send me a PM when you're ready and I'll tell you how to upload it while increasing Pepsi Ranger's the review count.

Also, the "Add Review" button only appears when you are logged in and view the gamelist. Considering we've recieved a few reviews already, I know the code for that is working

Last edited by Inferior Minion on Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepsi Ranger (and a lot of other people) made some great reviews for games that aren't on the gamelist. I'd hate to see those reviews go to waste. Is it acceptable to add a game to the gamelist if you aren't the author?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually was planning on converting the old reviews when I had the time, so I've already built in a function to do that. I'll show you how if you PM me when you're ready to upload the reviews
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...wow. Thanks Squall, I knew you were a great guy, but I guess I didn't know how great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: