Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Castle Paradox goes pay - Take 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Castle Paradox goes pay - Take 2 Reply with quote

Before you continue reading, NO, CP is not introducing a mandatory payment system of any sort.

CP is introducing advertising among other services. Primarily, we will be focusing on game advertisements, meaning once you've added a game to the gamelist, you can purchase Month-long ad space for $2.00 per slot. The ad is associated with the game for which it was purchased (meaning you can't buy 1 ad slot and then switch it between multiple games), but the ad content can change as many times as you'd like during its month lifespan.

Cube and I are ironing out the final details in the ads interface and are discussing other potential services. Expect more details in the coming days.

~IM
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Goooooogle Ads pay less than $2 per ad per month?

Herm...I suppose $24 a year isn't too bad a cost for advertising...

But I don't really recognize the sense in paying that money to show an ad to a dozen people and a thousand bots.
Neutral
Rinku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that everyone who comes to this place reads the forums, why would it be better to put an ad on the site of a game than to just make a post about it on the forum? I suspect this is an April fool's joke.

And, they play less than $2 per ad per month if nobody clicks on them, and generally people who make games are web-savvy enough to mentally turn-out Google ads and almost never click them. If you support IM, click a Google ad! (It's actually against the terms of the contract for him to say that himself, but I think we're allowed to say it... if not delete this!).
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an April Fool's joke. If it weren't, the timing would be much better for the announcement to be made and it would actually be left open to discussion before being implemented fully.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Leonhart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa.. it's been three long years since that controversial "closing" of CP.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two years.
Good math, kid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did I say? What did I just say? Gah, this is so not funny, I'm reverting back to Groucho Marx quotes.

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?
Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Leonhart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Two years.
Good math, kid.

Doh! Right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: