Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A message to newbies.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: A message to newbies. Reply with quote

Give up.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*kicks Jesus in the throat* :flamedevil:

Your post may be the dumbest post I've seen so far. Congradulations!
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*agrees with Iblis*

Mabye he was just getting used to the whole forums thing, but I highly doubt that. I do suggest that you follow your own statement, Jesus.
Jesus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised by who these things are coming from.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thread trying to bring the community to it's Zantetsuken/Veteren-Newbie roots. Boy, how I hate this. The meer thought that you would discourage people to try something new is a sign of your obvious one-sidedness. You were a newbie once too. Everybody is a newbie at one time. I was a newbie. You were a newbie. CN was a newbie. It's simply idiotic to complain to people who are new that they should not try any more. That's like asking people to drop out in Kindergarten. Also, you need to look at it from the other person's perspective. They're entering a (relativly) big community and trying to make a name for themselves. They're bound to mess up, but each and every one of them has the potential for greatness. Oh, and by the way, I don't see any completed games from you.

I also don't appriciate you using the name Jesus to make fun of newbies. I know you don't believe in this sort of thing, but once again, there are other people on the board besides you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*applause*

You tell him, Squall
Jesus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are completed games so much better than demos? Answer me, Squall.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It proves that you have the work ethic to stick with a project to it's completion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cube
Dimensional Traveller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello MultiColoredWizard. It'd be wise to never make posts like this again. There are three things that make me VERY annoyed (And at times VERY mad). One is when people steal things from other people and call it their own. This is like ripping graphics, or taking credit for something you didn't create. The second is when people try to shatter people's dreams for no apparent reason. The third is when people chew stuff with their mouths open (Like gum and food. 90% of my high school chews with their mouths open. I hate them all Wink ).

This thread is based on the 2nd of those 3 things. Everyone is a beginner. Making games with the OHR is what most people do when they're new to making games. Releasing demos is a good way to get feedback from other people. Making numerous demos for games that never get completed allows one to discover their talents and lets them decide on what skills they have when it comes to making games, and what they can do to improve them. Ultimately, it allows them to decide if they'd like to make games or not.

It's their personal choise if they want to quit. If they want to quit they will. If they want to continue, they will do so. You telling them to quit will make no difference.

And in fact, I believe you haven't released a single game or demo. And if you have, it would've only been one. Most of these "newbies" have released numerous games. Being technical here, you would be more of a newbie to game design then them from the fact that they have released more games than you, thus they have more experience in game design. I don't really think you have the right to tell someone to quit.

Anyhow, this thread is closed. It'll only cause trouble and I've had my fill in the matter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: