Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Forum bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Forum bugs Reply with quote

* The edit feature is broken. Clicking 'Submit' takes you to the preview screen.
* Song search, etc. doesn't work. It seems to be implemented; e.g. you can find a user's songs from his profile, but you can't search directly.
* The server is increasingly unstable. Seems like I can't access it half the time anymore.
* Some other stuff I can't remember. I'll add to this list.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both submit and edit work for me.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Forum bugs Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
* The edit feature is broken. Clicking 'Submit' takes you to the preview screen.
* Song search, etc. doesn't work. It seems to be implemented; e.g. you can find a user's songs from his profile, but you can't search directly.
* The server is increasingly unstable. Seems like I can't access it half the time anymore.
* Some other stuff I can't remember. I'll add to this list.

Edit isn't broken. The preview page shows up if you click too fast upon submission. If editing took you less than 30 seconds, wait a short while and submit. This "feature" has reduced the amount of bot posts significantly. Doesn't stop them all, obviously, but does stop most of them.

The Server has been rather sporadic due to an internal wiring issue at my house. Basically, the modem is having trouble syncing with the server and Verizon has determined it's an interior line issue. Only, they won't service me because I am not a direct Verizon DSL customer and buy through a reseller to receive a ToS that allows me to host a server. Just getting them to come out and determine if there was a good signal at the MPOE (Minimum point of entry) took three weeks. I had an electrician out yesterday checking wires. We're running a new line today and hopefully that will solve our sync issues.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If editing took you less than 30 seconds, wait a short while and submit. This "feature" has reduced the amount of bot posts significantly. Doesn't stop them all, obviously, but does stop most of them."

Did you code / invent that yourself? It sounds brilliant.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rinku wrote:
"If editing took you less than 30 seconds, wait a short while and submit. This "feature" has reduced the amount of bot posts significantly. Doesn't stop them all, obviously, but does stop most of them."

Did you code / invent that yourself? It sounds brilliant.

No. Found it in the phpBB mods. Also, I ran a makeshift phoneline directly from the MPOE to the modem. The connection speed seems much better, hopefully it stays that way.
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The days of the ninja edit are dead and gone! Sad...

Seriously, though, I don't usually make prolonged edits. If it cuts down on bots like you say, then it's more than worth it.

What about the other search features?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Forum bugs Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Rinku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bug to report: today I got a message saying I had a new private message, and when I went to check, I didn't. My last private message was several months ago.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rinku wrote:
Another bug to report: today I got a message saying I had a new private message, and when I went to check, I didn't. My last private message was several months ago.

No...you did. But it was from a spam bot. Unlike the other spam bots, this one targetted members via PM. I deleted the messages, but I either deleted yours after you had signed in or I did not properly clear the data to remove the "You have a new Private message" pop-up. I was actually surprised to see 4 identical spam bot PMs today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inventive spam:

http://studioeres.com/forums/index.php?topic=51.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: