Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The new OHR magazine proposal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Rinku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually half-finished a third Septaweekly, it even had the cover done (Tilde -- the lost cover), but I never finished it.
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh... the FF cover would have been better had my scanner been working and I not needed to draw the entire thing in Photoshop. I could have at least gotten the proportions right then (and by "right" I of course mean "Amano-like").

Before I had Mikey, a cover would typically take me a day or two to do. Now that I have Mikey, I estamate I might need two to four. However I discovered from the three covers I did that the contents of the magazine weren't solidified until the moment it was posted. The one cover who's contents don't match what's actually in the magazine, Rinku didn't know I had the cover on my computer in psd format and thus was still able to edit it. With the other two, the covers sat on my computer for many days until I finally weasled the contents out of Rinku.

These days, I'll only do the covers if I'm specifically asked to. But more importantly the above should give you some idea how much time does (or doesn't) go into these covers.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rinku wrote:
I actually half-finished a third Septaweekly, it even had the cover done (Tilde -- the lost cover), but I never finished it.

Correction: The cover was NOT done. It was half way there, but it was not done. I lost the psd when the computer decided it didn't want to live anymore.

Rinku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked good enough to be done to me.

Also what do you mean by weaseled? If I recall I always told you as much as I knew about the contents...
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I had to constantly pester you for them before I got the final content lineup.

Speaking of which...

PESTER!!!

Rinku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?! Oookay... Oookay... Oookay...

Let's not ruin this thread with off-topic things the way we did the Monthly Avatar Contest.

Anyway, about my Ohrrpgce history column, I was thinking I could go into the history of particular aspects of the community (one on the history of its forums, one on history of who "ruled" the community as Fyre would say, one on the history of when different aspects of the engine were added to it, and so on). That way I could get at least a year's worth of material out of it.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Rinku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understandable about the drama, but the personalities of the people who used the Ohrrpgce is important to its history (e.g. some of the most interesting things about its history have to do with things like Ben Ohki stealing Destiny Calls from Red Murdock Software).

I didn't mean that it wouldn't inspire current users, just that it wouldn't attract new users. I don't think you saw Ohrrpgce Monthly and then decided to try out the Ohrrpgce.
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think we need any new users. we just need to reinspire current users, or even past users. there's already a ton of people who make or play ohr games, they're just dormant right now. the magazine is a great idea to wake them up and get them cracking on their games. something that always inspired me to work on genesis was seeing extremely positive feedback for games i didn't think were all that great, meaning reviews of great games in the magazine should get people's competetive juices flowing. i love the idea of this, and i'm really excited to read the first issue. i'd actually love to do some reviews for it, but unfortunately i can't since i'm using a mac. unless of course somebody knows a way to play the ohr on one?
Rinku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of Windows emulators on the Mac, but I don't know how good they are. This lists some: http://www.macwindows.com/emulator.html
Fortis
don't make me come over there

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Macs are Intel and run windows (alongside Mac OS in a dual boot) basically flawlessly.

VirtualPC is fine. If you have even just a G4 if you install Windows 2000 into VirtualPC, the OHR will run well. I even run OpenCanvas using VirtualPC. However, it runs XP like garbage.

Both routes cost an arm and a leg, though, and VirtualPC may be discontinued now.
J.A.R.S.
In umbram deo, ex nihilo...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, is that pk-fortis?
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucier, we shouldn't stop getting more people to try ohr simply because we don't need more members.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just saying it shouldn't be the main concern as of right now. if we bring in new users but don't reinspire old users, then the new users will have no community to show their work to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: