Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

New Blackened preview. Take a look
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grandtrain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea sounds pretty good. Are they all going on the same adventure or completely different one? Both ways, it will take a lot of work.

The graphics are rip pretty well. I would recommend that you limit it to maptiles, though.
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let me start off by saying you are right, Squall. How do I expect you to get my game by just the screenshots? Actually the reason I put that was because I did make a big preview, but it got erased. This one is just to fill the gap until I get a new one.
Also I want to thank everyone for they're replies, but I really want more when I put out the real preview today because then you have a chance to see what the game is about.
I think this game is going to come pretty close to the allowed tag requirement, but I found a way to save lots of tags.
And to answer your question, Grandtrain, each character has special sidequests that they can take. In the beginning everyone has the same objective but depening on how you do in the tournament will determine how the story progresses for that character.
I was curious by what you meant of limiting it to just maptiles. That's the only thing that I needed help with. I'm doing the attacks, weapons, NPCs, hero graphics, enemies, etc. just on my own.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maptiles always seem easy.. Dunno how you need help with them.
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the graphics I'm using now are the best for the mood I'm trying to show in the town.

By the way everyone, I have a new better preview.
http://gamingetc.topcities.com/preview.htm

Now tell me what you think
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've read the new preview, and I definetly like where you're going with this. I personally don't really mind all that much if the maptiles were taken from FFV; I still haven't been able to play that anyway, so I wouldn't have noticed. The only thing that bugs me is the green tinge to peoples' skin, but that just might be your own preference.
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process of creating characters. The greenish color of the NPCs will most likely changed, especially Lars. Because Lars was directly imported from Deadly Illusion I haven't had the chance spend much time on him.
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on! Doesn't anyone have anything else to say? Oh yeah, I should have a preview demo coming out within a few days before I go away for a week.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From earlier in the thread:

Quote:
I'm doing the attacks, weapons, NPCs, hero graphics, enemies, etc. just on my own.

From the preview page:

Quote:
The process will be completely run by you meaning, you have the rights 100% for the characters that appear in Blackened, you send in the attacks that they use, the weapons they can use, the spells the can use, everything.

Just a little confusion here. I'm not accusing you of anything, but it seems a little clarification is in order.
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clear that up, Iblis. The thing on the preview page is if you want your characters to cameo in Blackened. What I said there is that everything that your character does on in my game is overseen by the characters creator. However all the other graphics that were made by me were not character sprites contributed by other users or anything else.
I hope that clears everything up

There's also a new cameo screenshot up in the preview section at the bottom of the page. Can you recognize the cameo?
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one question that boggles my mind (maybe you already answered it and I was just too lazy to search for it):

What's with the green skin? Are your characters supposed to have it, or are you just using Palette 0?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPGrealm5 wrote:
I'm in the process of creating characters. The greenish color of the NPCs will most likely changed, especially Lars. Because Lars was directly imported from Deadly Illusion I haven't had the chance spend much time on him.

That's from earlier in the discussion. Actually I hadn't noticed that the characters were that green at the start, but green is one of those colors my eyes get mixed up with...
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I have fixed the green skin problem. Try the preview and find the green skin section.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both of them look horrible because there's no depth to the characters. Try reading some sprite tutorials before making (more) sprites. Though it's still safe to say that new color is better. Problem is, the contrast is ruined entirely(not that there was contrast).
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the new one looks better right?
I'm serious when I say that it looks better when you are actually playing. It doesn't blend in or anything, but still you get over most character sprites really quick.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPGrealm5 wrote:
But the new one looks better right?

"Though it's still safe to say that new color is better"
Hem hem.
Quote:
I'm serious when I say that it looks better when you are actually playing. It doesn't blend in or anything, but still you get over most character sprites really quick.

I doubt they'll look better when they're zoomed in about, what 9 times(don't remember exactly)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: