Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Potential Mod: Gizmog1
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slime
Objection!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Potential Mod: Gizmog1 Reply with quote

CP's tired of inactive moderators. If Gizmog1 is elected, he'll be damn sure to keep off his butt, and post. He'll make his games, and talk loud about it too! Why, Gizmog1'll get rid of the noobs who're plaguing our community with dumb questions!

And, Gizmog1 told me secretly, that if he gets elected, he'll post some really great pics he took of his sister in the bathtub! An active community member? No more noobs? And a hot sister?! How can we lose?!

A VOTE FOR GIZMOG1 IS A VOTE FOR CASTLE PARADOX!

Komera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an incentive that doesn't work on the four women in the community. Obviously I can't speak for the guys.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The content of the original post aside, I very much doubt that Gizmog could be trusted as a moderator. For one thing, he has a tendency to hold long-time grudges over things that everyone else has forgotten. The fact that he also threatened and then pasted RPGCreations-related passwords into the #paradoxlounge chat channel, requiring me to scramble and change the password to everything he had access to, leaves questions of his trustworthiness.
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me more about the pics of his sister, and we'll talk.
Jes42
Tourist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the 'incentive' had the opposite effect.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness, I would be a pretty fun mod, and that might be the problem. I know I'd be active, and any hackers, or anything I'd take care of, but I also have this inner desire to taunt hackers, rather than simply ban them, and that could be a problem in a time of crisis.

As I'm sure you also have noticed, I tend to get bored alot, and do REALLY stupid things. To bring up an event from the last time I was a moderator, I made posts on my secret forum, and then moved them to The Soapbox, creating the illusion I had purchased CP, and had crazy new rules.

I can promise I wouldn't outright ban Fyre, but having seen the things he used to do on Zant, and OHR Help Me, and his spamming of the #CastleParadox channel when he was allowed there (With the CLASSIC excuse of "I was sitting on my keyboard, sorry!") I would treat him with a harsher edge then current moderators do, but unless I had the approval of other staff, I wouldn't ban him.

To get a sort of idea of how I'd do things, I personally would've banned Hatzi/RedMage etc. after the second or third time he dodged a ban of his other account. I'd give a lot of leeway in regards to non-serious posting, and friendly banter and rivalries, but anything that degraded into out and out abuse I'd put a stop to.

But, and this is a pretty big but, I'm not certain I'm the best man for the job. I do read the forum everyday and refresh alot during the evening, but, I've also been banned three or four times. That'd seem to imply that my interpretation of the rules isn't exactly in synch with the creator of the rules.

If it came right down to it, I'm not sure I could accept the position. If it was to be an operator in the IRC Channel, sure, because there's not as much activity there, less of a chance to fuck up. And in IRC if I get bored, there's a number of channels to have fun in, rather than being forced to make my own fun on the forums.

I'm not going to flat out decline being a moderator, because I'd like to see how the discussion goes, because there may be a time in the future when I'd feel better about it. But for right now, I'm not that sure it'd be the right choice. If IM doesn't mind (He never said anything about how many people one person could nominate), I'm going to nominate a few people I think would do better in the job.
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So modest. (claps) My vote goes to Gizmog!
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't any vote counts, we're supposed to list why or why not to pick a given candidate as a new mod.

For instance, I might say that I respect Giz's non-hardass personality.
JSH357

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm opposed to Giz being a mod for very much the same reasons as Fyre. Granted, I have a little more trust in him, but Giz is better off as the class clown than the class president if you know what I mean.
LongeBane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, this is voting for a mod position. You won't be banning anyone Giz
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komera wrote:
That's an incentive that doesn't work on the four women in the community.

Too true. Confused
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What more incentive could you women want, than Giz in a position of power? Trust me, you guys'd be running the place in a week. I can't say no to a lady!
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giz, in all honesty, I believe you would be a fun mod. The only problem is: you never gave anyone a reason to trust you with the responsibility of the position.

I don't believe at all that you'd do anything drastically horrible to CP if you were a mod, but the job requires just a bit more maturaty than you display. I can understand just having fun as CP is just a hobby and a fun spot for all of us, but when you're taking up a mod/admin position, you not only need to stick around on a basis, but you have to babysit your forum(s) that you'd be in charge of, and you'd have to deal with the same things that the rest of them deal with such as: 1) People complaining that everyone's too lenient on some and harsh on others, but then the complainers get pissed because when you begin enforcing the rules, you show that THEY are the problem, 2) you get a million PMs about what you should do concerning your forum and some of the users in it, and other things as well.

If you really think you're up for it, then I suggest growing up a little.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I haven't been very responsible, and I'm working on that. I wouldn't mind the PMs, or the challenges of my objectivity. My problem would be keeping focused, and not doing unmodly things with my moderator abilities. I might respect them more, since I had them and lost them, and I'd certainly try my hardest, but even I admit I'm not the best choice yet.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gizmog honestly believes that he's willing to change to become a mod, then I think that we should give him a chance.

I mean, we can always take away his title if he screws up, right?

plus I find
Gizmog1 wrote:
I haven't been very responsible, and I'm working on that
very convincing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: