Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

External Map Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: External Map Editor Reply with quote

I fantasize about an external map editor in Windows, with pull down menus, and the tileset displayed on the left hand side so you can click the tiles you want. The more I can do with just the mouse, the better, because my son loves to climb all over me (dispite me encouraging him to play on the floor with his TOYS) so often I only have one hand free.

Also, maybe it should be considered making an in-custom option of having vehicles remember their locations? I know the plotscript is really short, but seeing as most people want their vehicles to do that I think it would be faster for authors.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(drools)
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: External Map Editor Reply with quote

Komera wrote:
I fantasize about an external map editor in Windows, with pull down menus, and the tileset displayed on the left hand side so you can click the tiles you want. The more I can do with just the mouse, the better, because my son loves to climb all over me (dispite me encouraging him to play on the floor with his TOYS) so often I only have one hand free.

Describe in as much detail as you can, the "perfect maptile editor" and maybe it will give us some ideas for improving the built-in one.

Komera wrote:
Also, maybe it should be considered making an in-custom option of having vehicles remember their locations? I know the plotscript is really short, but seeing as most people want their vehicles to do that I think it would be faster for authors.

I agree. This is totally doable, we just haven't sat down and hashed out the details of exactly how.
Komera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I think the built-in editor is horrid, but that it's horrid trying to work it with only one hand available. I'd like to be able to right click a tile to select it like in the graphics editors (instead of the current caps-lock). And also like in the graphics editors, having the various shortcuts available to the mouse on screen would do me fine. If it's a matter of space on screen, you do have that nice blank bar on the right hand side of the map editor...

TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel not too bad about telling you to go bug NeoTA (gmail:00ai99) to work on Jormungand :P
Komera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah... and a copy and paste for the entire screen would be nice.

FnrrfYgmSchnish
Probably the Grand Poobah or something

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a "perfect" map editor...

Definitely a "shift map" feature, rather than just "resize map" and "go through and re-do everything manually to fit in the new part of the map, taking an additional 3 hours or so".

Preferrably one that shifts EVERYTHING on the map over to the new spot, not just the tiles.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komera wrote:
Also, maybe it should be considered making an in-custom option of having vehicles remember their locations?

Probable (map state remembering coming soon)

Komera wrote:
Oh yeah... and a copy and paste for the entire screen would be nice.

Probable (pretty easy, sometime I'm bored and want to implement something quick)

Dark Blubber wrote:

Definitely a "shift map" feature, rather than just "resize map" and "go through and re-do everything manually to fit in the new part of the map, taking an additional 3 hours or so".

Preferrably one that shifts EVERYTHING on the map over to the new spot, not just the tiles.

Possible (ditto)

That's the easy stuff, someone nonlazy has to tackle a major overhaul of the map editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: