Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Next OHR bookclub topic?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camdog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Next OHR bookclub topic? Reply with quote

The SoJ thread seems to have played itself out, so I think it's about time to select another game for the bookclub. BattleBlaze suggested The Eight Granasties, which I know Onlyoneinall would love to have done. I'm down with that, but I'd like to hear some other suggestions too, so have at it.

Last edited by Camdog on Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my game would be a good idea (especially for me), since it is a complete game which I released not too long ago and I got very little feedback on, aside from "I got killed by strippers." Although it won't have as much philosophical things to discuss since it is "toilet humor" (I suppose it is somewhat...), but I'm sure there can be other things we can discuss, like the Granasties themselves or the heroes, the locations, etc. And since just now I updated the world map a little, it'll make it easier for everyone to get started than it originally was.

I've noticed Friend has posted "Missing". I would really like to see my game as the second OHR Book Club item, but I would say Friend's game looks like it could be another potential candidate for the Book Club.

Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has it up as "in production" ya cwazy

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
Rinku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the suggestion for "Missing". I just got through proofreading its 1200 textboxes and from those it seems like a good game. Unfortunately I can't actually run the game without it going crazy on me.

However I think that older OHR games should be done too. Here are more of my recommendations for OHR games worthy of in-depth discussion:

http://rinku.castleparadox.com/Ohrhits/
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know BB. I guess I should've specified the Book Club AFTER this one. Raspberry!

Rinku wrote:
I second the suggestion for "Missing". I just got through proofreading its 1200 textboxes and from those it seems like a good game. Unfortunately I can't actually run the game without it going crazy on me.

However I think that older OHR games should be done too. Here are more of my recommendations for OHR games worthy of in-depth discussion:

http://rinku.castleparadox.com/Ohrhits/

Quote:
blockman - Longetech - Blockman.zip

That'll be a hit all right.

The Wobbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay with The Eight Granasties. I assume we get a week to play the game?
"I am Collins. From my position in the moon's orbit, I watched Armstrong and Aldrin land and walk on the surface. I was so close to the ground of the moon, and yet I returned without having trod upon it... I am Collins." -Friend
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy Under a Blue Moon X, perhaps? (whichever version was most recent)
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're supposed to get a week. But SWOJ lasted for 5,000 years so there's plentyo time.

Lets unsticky SWOJ sticky this and rename this thread people.

EDIT: Damn Rink, that list is izold man.

-squall
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleblaze wrote:
We're supposed to get a week. But SWOJ lasted for 5,000 years so there's plentyo time.

Lets unsticky SWOJ sticky this and rename this thread people.

Instead, let's sticky this and leave it open for discussion. I don't want to change the name of this thread because after each successive "bookclub" meeting, the next game needs to be chosen. However, unlike the SoJ bookclub, it's best to chose the next game before the current game's discussion ends. This way, participants are given time to play the next game during the current game discussion. As of right now, people who wish to participate in this month's discussion and have not played the Eight Granasties will need to avoid the thread (in case of spoilers) until they've completed playing.

Once the next game is chosen, someone can start a new thread opening discussion on that game. The thread will then be stickied and last month's thread unstickied. It would probably be best if someone was designated to start the next thread, so as to avoid two people initiating the next bookclub discussion.
Bug finder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how far the informalities go, but I think Camdog should be the one to open the next meeting of the Book Club (with the Eight Granasties I'll assume), since it keeps more consistent and organized. Although people can search simply for Book Club, people can also just look up Camdog's threads to easily find all Book Club related items.

Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onlyoneinall wrote:
I don't know how far the informalities go, but I think Camdog should be the one to open the next meeting of the Book Club (with the Eight Granasties I'll assume), since it keeps more consistent and organized. Although people can search simply for Book Club, people can also just look up Camdog's threads to easily find all Book Club related items.

If the quality and consistency of the OHR Book Club continues, I'd be more than willing to incorporate a page linking to all OHR Book Club threads, as well as incorporating other aspects of it into the site (such as "This game was selected for the OHR Book Club for <date> <year>" in the gamelist entry with a link to the thread). Camdog had a wonderful idea and I hope it continues.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im suggesting Crescent Dreams, my favorite game of all time. Really. Even counting all the games off of the OHRRPGCE, its my favorite game.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Probably the Grand Poobah or something

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fat Frog.

*randomly screams and then dissolves away*

EDIT: Wait... nevermind. Apparently they actually updated it at some point, because the version downloadable from that list isn't nearly as horrible as the version I played (at least based on the first 5 minutes or so of it). Wow... it's actually *playable* now...
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Im suggesting Crescent Dreams, my favorite game of all time. Really. Even counting all the games off of the OHRRPGCE, its my favorite game.

As wonderful and beautiful that game was, it was still not done. You must really like the game if you pick a demo over a fuller version commercial game...

Wait IM do you mean THIS very thread is now the official 8 granasties bookclub meeting, or are we waiting for camdog to make a new thread entitled "Meeting#2:Eight Granasties?"

-squall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: