Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Hey! I'll trade you...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Hey! I'll trade you... Reply with quote

Hmm...How about I swap my "Location" slot for my old "Custom title" slot?

Please?
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, now that you mention it, I don't really know why there aren't any Custom Title slots...

I think they went away when IM restored the database after accidentally deleting it and hasn't restored them yet. Either that or there's a reason they're not back.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TwinHamster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calahey still has his for some reason, but besides that, I've only seen them on Admins.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setu_Firestorm wrote:
Y'know, now that you mention it, I don't really know why there aren't any Custom Title slots...

I think they went away when IM restored the database after accidentally deleting it and hasn't restored them yet. Either that or there's a reason they're not back.

Kind of...the custom titles are still in the database, but after the hacking attempt, I just stuck a clean phpBB into a new folder and directed it to the backed up database. All the modifications I had added were removed, including custom titles, the much broader color selector, and the ability to hide signatures.

The gamelist, reviewlist, and songlist code was moved outside of the phpBB codebase, allowing us to install clean updates of phpBB without worrying about losing any of our custom features or functionality (I also unknowingly broke the gamelist searching at this time).

Important changes that required integration into phpBB, such as linking profiles to games and reviews (the list of songs hasn't been written yet and links back to the profile) was written back in and heavily documented for ease of upgrading. I just haven't re-added the custom titles or signature hiding yet.

Calehay and the admins/mods do not have custom titles, per say. They have been assigned special ranks and a custom title would show up along with that ranking when I re-implement it. Calehay and Jazz Man won their rankings in contests hosted by Setu.

Adding in this functionality has been really low on my priorities list, but is very simple to add. I'll throw it in this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, that explains everything. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: