Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

CRAAAAP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zetes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: CRAAAAP! Reply with quote

I just wrote a full length review for Neo Kryta 3, and then I accidentally hit escape and deleted it. Crap.

Just a segustion for you all... if you aren't doing this already, I recommend writing reviews in notepad and copy/pasting them in.

CRAAAP.
zetes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAHHHHHHH

I have tried three times now to submit a review of siv, but it never works. It says "Review submitted" and then doesn't submit it. or do you have to look over reviews? I'm confused... what am I doing wrong?!
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An administrator has to accept the reviews. I just have temporary access because I'm importing some stuff from O:OHR, so I don't think I can accept your reviews. But I do see 2 copies of a review of Siv from you, zetes, among other reviews.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiousity, are people uploading pictures with their reviews? The reviews Squall has uploaded, and Komera's review contain screenshots. The rest of the reviews do not.

If this is a coding bug, please tell me. If not, please note that no review will be accepted without screenshots. It's required.

You can view the status of reviews from the "Edit Reviews" link. You can edit reviews that haven't been accepted from that page. Below the review name, you'll either see a message saying this review hasn't been looked over yet, or a message telling you why the review was rejected. When you edit rejected reviews they are resubmitted.

Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reviewed a game today (Stoneset Saga, which is somewhat unfair with the author being a friend of mine (But then, if we include internet buddies, nobody should be allowed to review anybody's game)). I tried it with a screenshot, and it didn't accept it, so I tried again without, it didn't accept it all over again. Then I typed in "0" and "0" in the playtime slots intead of "X" and "X" (as playtime varies, and for shorter games, some people might play them for a half hour while others will play it in 5 minutes, and still others will act like buffoons and not understand that levelling up for hours in a short game is utterly ridiculous (With, of course, the exception of And&) and spend over three hours on it), and it finally accepted it.

Another thing I noticed about proof reading my review, when you take a step away from yourself and look at your style of writing or communicating, it's interesting to see yourself as others see you, but it also puts you in danger of being too self aware. When you know your own finer qualities, it's tempting to try and make them more pronounced, unfortunately, this turns you into an impersonation of yourself rather than just an honest personality (See Elvis in the Vegas years for a worst case example, Old Elvis was the world's best Elvis impersonator). Also, noticing your flaws can be bad as well. Some flaws, such as bad spelling and such, are best to take care of when you see them, but sometimes there are imperfections in your way of thinking that nevertheless are exactly what brought you to an accurate conclusion. And that makes you who you are as well. Without flaws you are without personality, absolute perfection in a human being is what the nazis sought after.

BTW, if you ever want to argue against a general and common trait you dislike, say that the nazis were into it. Because the nazis did lots of stuff that non-evil people do as well. Example-

Stupid rich fat guy: I'm gonna go to a restaurant tonight and be really rude to the waiters, and I'm gonna be rude to the cook if I get a chance. And even though the food they send me will be better than I deserve, I'm gonna send it back because I'm afraid of onions, and they'll probably send it back with spit in it but no onions, and that's fine with me because I'm too stupid to notice things like that!

Ghandi: The nazis ate food too you know.

P.S. I dare someone to get more off topic than this.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: