Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

What do you put in your heroes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What attributes does your game heroes have?
Bad attitude
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Mister Nice Guy
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Evil attitude
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Pathetic attitude
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Full of Revenge
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Doesn't play by the rules
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Weak
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People having personal lives and love lives does not translate into them being normal. Neutral For someone to want to destroy the REAL world, there IS something wrong with them. There are many more psychological problems a person can have than simply being insane. Maybe a superiority complex. The point I'm making is it ISN'T NORMAL. And you shouldn't use stereotypes, if you can help it. Archetypes are better.
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, maybe I'm being an idiot here, but what exactly is an archetype? Oookay...
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of like a prime example of something. Like... if the stereotypical talking chicken was an idiot, an archetype of a talking chicken would be able to use his talents to his fullest and appear smart. It's kinda hard to explain. If I find the exact literary meaning, I'll tell ya. Just don't go looking in a dictionary, it means other things as well.
Jack Slater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that most of us like our hero's to protry Solid Snake or Dirty Hary....
I think the poll was a.... little narrow minded, Weak is a bad trate to put in a hero so maybe compation would be a better word and please define pathetic attitude, and I what I would put in my hero some, flaws ( not everyone is perfect ) brave, stubern and follows his own rules.

["I kill all who where the blue armor. "]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B'ah! Either you're missing my point, or trying to make a new one. I'm gonna stop responding to this.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nagatoki
From Shadow to Light

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...can we guess who's having a bad day?
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think of every aspect. Not only how characters are, but how they became who they are. I like to think of everything that's happened in their lives and how these events have affected them.

I also don't believe in ultimately evil villains. It's so much more fun to make them human, to make them question what they're doing, the same way a hero would.

In other words, I don't like doing things only a little bit. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it all the way. No half-attempts.

This is why you don't see much work from me. Sure, I haven't had a computer, but I also don't want to release something unless I'm satisfied with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was having a sucky day on my last post.

*kneels down and grabs Blazes hand*

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!!! PLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE!

okay!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end, if your enemy or heroes don't end up like Kefka in FFVII/III, then you should have a good character. Just had to make that point.

My poll is a little narrow, but that's okay, don't answer it. When creating a character, I try to make that character stick to the original attributes I gave him. One character in Deadly Illusions has a mysterious past. He does not speak much of it, if any to anyone. This guy is a badass and you wouldn't want to mess with him. When another character crosses paths with a character who has an attitude like that, a more soft character, the outcome can be quite interesting.

That adds to the story, and to the character's styles of solving problems. Two characters, one like the first, and one like the second I mentioned can change a character's way of thinking, adding a variety of things that they can say, and you believe that they would actually say that if it were a real situation.

Anyone understand that?
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Kefka was a great villain... at least for in the game. And it's FFVI!

Setu... I don't know how to respond. Really confused

If I don't then I'm being rude, if I do and say I accept your apology I come off as a jerk because you didn't do anything wrong in the first place, and if I don't accept it I look like a jerk for being a jerk.

It's a dilly of a pickle. If anyone didn't pick that up though, I wasn't mad before and I wasn't mad now. Yay!
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my mistake.

But anyways, Kefka is one of those enemies that belongs in a mental institute. He's insane and he wants to take over the world. He's got some serious problems, as well as his obsession with clowns...
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clowns? Huh?
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, clowns. Kefka looks just like a clown. Well actually the Final Fantasy Anthology FMV made him look like one...
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kefka's insanity made him an extremely beautiful villain. I mean, how much fun is a villain that's just a normal guy with a normal, healthy mind? To do the things some villains do, you would have to be insane!

One of my favorite villains that I've made is Blaine, perhaps only because he is mentally unstable (an understatement). Example: Blaine enjoys killing people, but other people disagree with these morals. Solution? Create an almost religious philosophy that, on earth, people can only experience evil, pain and suffering, and can only be freed from evil, pain and suffering through death. Thus, Blaine, according to his philosophy, should sacrifice his passage to death by continuing to live, and free the hopeless others by killing them.

The scariest thing about Blaine is that he actually begins to believe all of this. He is a perfect example of a beautifully insane villain. I'm surprised that I made him myself.

Last edited by Uncommon on Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RPGrealm5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Chimera. That's good thinking on Blaine's personality. I have a character who has a personality almost as complex as his in Deadly Illusion. Although he isn't in the demo just yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: