Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

CAPTCHA or email verification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camdog

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: CAPTCHA or email verification Reply with quote

I would like to see a CAPTCHA or required email verification for users signing up for new accounts. Any chance of that getting implemented, IM?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've had e-mail verification on since early 2003 and we do have a random image verification confirmation code. I've started banning e-mail addresses. All of these bots have got something@somethingesle.ru
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible for you to disable e-mail verification, let one of us register a name under that e-mail address, and then turn e-mail verification back on, so that no one could use that e-mail address again?

EDIT: Wait... I just realized their actual e-mail is probably NOT Something@somethingesle.ru. Sorry for being an idiot!
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.ru is a Russian website, right? We should just ban all Russians. They're commies anyway.
Camdog

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior Minion wrote:
Actually, I've had e-mail verification on since early 2003 and we do have a random image verification confirmation code. I've started banning e-mail addresses. All of these bots have got something@somethingesle.ru

Damn, those are some smart bots. Mind if I ask what you're using for the random image verification?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cube and I feel the bots are utilizing some sort of phpBB flaw. Somehow, they're also setting their language to Russian, which isn't possible if you go through the registration page.
(Formicidae Devious)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as we all know, phpBB is full of flaws... No, no, no... Dead
Activate point A by sliding slide B through points E and Z, so that the Joint TO touches the Vector 6, however avoiding an impact with vectors 34 and 5, which both are positioned at the edge of the said object near point R. Period.

Remember, Giz! You MIGHT get that candy, if you only behave well... Only.

My Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: