Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Back from Indy Heaven into Florida Hell
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Back from Indy Heaven into Florida Hell Reply with quote

* stretches *
Yikes, once I was back in Florida, I opened the van door and the humidity flooded in like 100 degree BBQ sauce. Anyways, I waved Hi to Aeth in Augusta, GA everytime we passed Exit 247 (the product of a man with no life).
As for the NKReborn script, I worked long and hard and am almost finished. I'll PM you PIcarDMPC, Squall, and everybody else with details when I'm done!

Phew! Time for some ICE COLD Cherry Coke!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sir_Phoenix_Drake
Creator of Realmsoft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NKReborn?

I see you're taking things into your own hands pretty well, George. Darn, I wish I had time to do this again.
Nagatoki
From Shadow to Light

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida's not really THAT bad, although I imagine it would seem too humid after spending a week in Indiana. I used to live in Indianapolis for a few years before I moved down here.

Give it time, you'll get used to it again.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Florida. Considering I was still hot up North when it was snowing, you can probably understand how much I hate this place due to the incessant heat.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You live in Florida, Blazes? Which part?

Us Realmsoft guys ...and girl ... live in the New Port Richey area, just 1 hour north of Tampa. Actually, I live in a small little town called Holiday that's exactly underneath NPR by about 5 minutes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Sarasota City, Sarasota County.
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting on the Florida bandwagon:

It hasn't been THAT bad lately. All the intense cloud cover and stormy weather has pushed a lot of the heat somewhere else, but yeah the humidity thing...been more wet than hot. Of course NPR is about four or five hours away from here, so maybe things are completely different over there than it is here, but it hasn't been crazy yet. July and August are more notorious for that than June, so maybe I'll have a different tale to tell by then.

And I've never been to Indiana. I hear there's a lot of fields there.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live in Lakeland, about a half hour (I think) north of Tampa and about 25 minutes (I think again) from Orlando.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I just realized something. With the work I'll be doing on NKR, plus all the work I'll have to do along with SunsofFlame on the currently unnamed isometric game, and adding in all the work I must do on my own writing, I'm going to be pretty busy this summer. And I'll enjoy it too; it was getting boring just playing a demo disk with Rachet and Clank on it and Star Trek: Armada anyway.
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there really as many old people in Florida as comedians act like there are?
Anyway, don't feel alone, all you Floridans. I live in Sonoma County, in Northern California. Here, the weather can literally turn on a dime. One week, we had rain pouring down for three days, then suddenly it stopped and, voila, we were stuck in sticky, humid, ninety-degree heat. I have experienced one of the oddest springs ever, weather-wise.
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay a note on old people:

Yes, there are as many down here as the comedians say there are, especially in the winter months. Traffic is obviously worse in September through April because that's when all the gray haired slowpokes are clogging the roads. Many of them vanish this time of year, but some settle in the old people mecca (a.k.a. Boca Raton) year round.

And just for the record--there's a golf course and country club just about every other mile where I live. Old people everywhere. And they drive...

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the old drivers down here too... if the average American drives 5 mph over the speed limit, the average Florida citizen drives 5 mph over the minimum speed limit... thing. Thing. Whatever it is. It still pisses me off. There are about twelve families that consist of ANY people that aren't retired in my entire gated community thingy. Yes, gated, they are paranoid, even though you can get in if you just twist the wire under the gate... oh no, I've let out our secret!

I REALLY hate this state. I want to live in Colorado... that's the best state I've ever been to. I just like the mountains, probably...
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AARRRGGGHH!!! FRICKIN' OLD PEOPLE!!!!!

Yes, every grocery store, mall, library, and freakin' bathroom you go in, you're practically the only whippersnapper! Plus, they drive like 10 miles under the speed limit too. If it's 45, like on Highway 19, they go 35. If it's 25, like on Main Street in NPR, they frickin' go 15.
I mean the guys at the NRA are right: "If I had one now ......bang!"

Anyways, Matt, don't worry too much about NKR, you can rest from that for a while. I still have buttloads of work to do on the graphics, and also I set up a Realmsoft work schedule, so I'll be working on .hack//OHR and NKR on certain days of the week. It'll be a while, so don't sweat it. I'll let you know when the script is ready.

And yes, there are a lot of fields in Indiana. It's actually a whole different world from what Florida is .....plus, just like good ol' Georgia, they've got lots of FUDGE and ROCK CANDY!!!

PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, OK. That gives me more time to brush up on my plotscripting skills; I'll be needing them for the currently unnamed isometric game.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Florida isn't that bad; I've gone there on vacations. But I don't like humidity (I live in California in a desert, so there is no humidity at all), so I was glad when I left. But nice country. At least its green (everything here is brown Pissed off! )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: