Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Current and Future Projects
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Current and Future Projects Reply with quote

Charbile gave me the idea for this thread.

Basically, what game projects are you currently working on? It doesn't have to be OHR, but it does have to be a game. Obvioiusly, advertising your game is allowed in this thread. Also, after the game you're working on, what do you want to work on after that?

I'm working on Flash, if you haven't noticed. As soon as I get good enough, I'm want to make an Arkanoid-RPG, a platformer, a text adventure and a full blown RPG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pako the True G
pako

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds nice squall. im working on a game too. Its for the ohr though.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For OHR, I'm working on SpyJim (progress currently halted) and the perfect RPG (WIP ~8mo, don't expect it for probably another year). I'm also working on a 4-player version of Mageclash.

The RPG is currently the focus of my efforts and will be my last OHR game. Both it and Mageclash are to be finished before I graduate from UT in May.
pako

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty cool im going to UT, in a couple months. Razz
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 different games I'm working on at the moment, all of them OHR. None of them have any gameplay whatsoever, but have loads of graphics. Recently, I just haven't been all that motivated to continue with them. But don't worry, they will get done.

1. Feast of the Dead: A puzzle/survival like game. The point of it is to escape from an area, solving puzzles, and dodging zombies along the way. There are 8 different characters to play as, each with their own skills.

2. Mystics - The Awakening: The opening story for a much bigger game. In it, a normal person named 'Insert name here' is confronted in the real world by strange beings and is told that he/she is the savior of the Mystic Realm. You can choose to either save it.. or completely destroy it. The sequel will mirror big events that happened within the initial game, based upon how you chose to do them.

3. Whittlenut: It's the story of a wooden string puppet who longs for the feeling of love. So, when a witch hears his plea, she decides to help him. She tells him of a princess who's locked herself away in her castle, and will only come out if someone brings her 5 of the most beautiful things in the world (each matching with one of the 5 senses). It's more of a story, but there will be small interactive parts (besides hitting space bar).
is fantastic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moog: What about SG3? Did I miss something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SG3, that's right.

Tradition dictates that I should start on it at the beginning of October, eh? But I've already had the game around for nearly a year. Since it technically does r0x0r j00r s0x0rz, consider it on the table for a 2005 release. Besides, I've always loved the sidescroller genre and have somehow made it 22 years without making a sidescroller. Guess you could say it's about time, eh?
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have two projects going in Game Maker.

My long term game is Project Paradox, and when mentioning this in public, I tend to be secretive. What I will tell you all is that it has a Paper Mario style battle system and features some people that I think are awesome.

My current shorter term game is Blow Stuff Up, which will be a Metal Slug style game using those sprites I posted a long time ago (though modified so they aren't official Metal Slug characters). Progress on BSU is much quicker, as this is the kind of game Game Maker is intended to make, and I've already got experience with the engine while working with Project Paradox.

However, neither has enough progress for a suitable demo.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Didn't we have something like this a while back? I can't find it anywhere...)

HI. I know you all know me as an annoying and lazy bum who hardly contributes more than spam to our lovely community, so I'll try my hardest to work around that reputation. Razz

My only game that's even playable, if you'd call it that, is "Project Turtle Quest: Legends of Natrah". It's pretty much history. I still have the file, SO if I ever work on it again, for some reason, I have it stored away in it's own nice, little folder. Until then I have plans for a better version of the game: the aptly named "Secret Opperation: Legends of Natrah"(SOLON). It is basically a re-do of "Project Turtle Quest". The big difference is... IT'LL BE DONE RIGHT/ The way I wanted it done in the
first place. Simply put: A lot better graphic wise, more complete music wise, and more TO THE POINT plot wise.

Meditation Devastation: A complex and strange puzzle game, which involded setting up paths that an attack can traverse and reach a foe, then hit/damage it while protecting yourself from their own attack paths.

Cryzekiah Lore: An RPG which currently lacks very much design, frankly. The plot was simple: A giant world which travels the cosmos collecting Civilizations and makes it's dastardly way to the main character's world and steals their people.

~PS: I can't believe how much I had to cut out for the sake of simplicity. I nearly composed a four page report before I slashed it all to shreds. They are all a lot more complex than I mention here, and I am very excited about each of them. Happy

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "

Last edited by LeRoy_Leo on Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fernurion
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying too much, as i'll probably never release it. My current game is inspired by the old Maniac Mansion games. At the moment though, thats on hold for the 48 hour contest.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laser Panic - A game that has fast-paced battles and uses stats in a totally unique way. I might expect a 2005 release, but I'm not sure as currently most of my efforts are going towards...

(My project which will not yet be named) - Somewhat Locked-ish gameplay, in that you get items to get other items and there are no battles. The style of the game is totally different though, and it involves a lot of interacting with people rather than just grabbing items off the shelf. It is also totally non-linear. This is kinda big and a certain part of the planning is very difficult, so I dunno when to expect its release.

Oh, and right now I'm working on something for the Realism contest, but that's more of a map set than a game.
AdrianX
..yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. 1. Crescent Dream EX - OHR
2. Crucial Destiny - OHR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Leon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on two, one on OHR and one on another maker.

I don't think the one for OHR needs to be talked about, but the other one I'm working on is fun, but its just like any other RPG. Trying to find a way to be creative and make it fun.
Phil Arts
Manipulating himself since the beginning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two current projects:

Kingdom Hearts:Master of Dreams
For now I wont tell you the storyline or whats in it. Ive been
slow making this game because of summer school.

Ultima Fantasy:A Dragon Warrior type game which Im making right now.

I decided to postpone making KHMOD till later so I can make the other game
Quicker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: