Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Survey: Religious Affiliation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What religion do you belong to?
Christianity
40%
 40%  [ 19 ]
Judiasm
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Islam
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wicca
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Mormon
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Jehovah Witness
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Catholic
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Hinduism
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Agnostic
21%
 21%  [ 10 ]
Atheist or non-religious
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 47

Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a poll, why do we feel justified in explaining ourselves? Can't we all keep quiet about our faiths? How do you explain all of the... never mind... Would take too long to explain and would in and of itself start a heated debate that would inevitably get this moved to PL.
phyrfox
Avid Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I'm mysterious that way, I won't say what I am. But I will say that I believe that everybody is entitled to thier own opinions. I've dealt with a few faiths (a lot, actually), and most of them drove me to a wonderful conclusion... Religion is bad. I agree with my books of choice, but I refuse to believe that those who label themselves as such would do the things they do. So I believe in my chosen deity/deities, and I do with without religion. But I voted in the appropiate slot because my belief could be construed as religion anyway-- I know a lot of people who feel like I do.

~= phyrfox =~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topic was put in here, because this is the closest-match forum for this kind of topic - no general forum.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's right: This is the OHR General Discussion forum, so it makes goodly sense that a discussion of OHR'r religion would go here.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Fyre. This is a very interesting topic, and I actually read through everyone's posts. Mildly enlightening.

Well, I am Christian by birth and I still agree with a lot of Christian morals. Personally, I believe that there is truth in everything, and that all people are entitled to their own beliefs, as there may be a link to them and my own. I try to be an agreeable person, but my logic sometimes gets twisted in this process. Either that or, through melding some of the beliefs I have developed from studying parts of The Bible and other sacred texts (The Kuran (Islam), The Tipitaka (Budhism), etc.), my logic has become obscure to others. Unfocused. Unrefined. Good things could arise from this mutation. I daresay some mutations become evolutions over time.

That is my current status with religion. I am slightly in to it. Not full blown in to it. Just so-so... But content.

And I wouldn't advise calling religion a bad thing. It may only be the fault of those who merely think they practice the religion that a people, or group of people, think it is bad. I don't define any religion as a group of people, or by it's people, but rather for its people.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Komera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSH357 wrote:
What is with you christians and starting religious wars?

Come on, it's just a poll!

WHAT war? i've seen no war. all i've seen is a bunch of people stating their affiliations and opinions. at the very most, it could loosely be called a debate.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Blaze18
Demon of hell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fully believe in the powers of God, nor am I against him. I'm more into dark magics, and occults. So I guess that would make me a Wicca. I do study spells (when I'm board) and I wear mostly black. I guess you COULD call me a spell caster of the night, he he he. But that's not true either. Well I voted Wicca, because Wicca are cool. Even my Mom has a spell book (no lie, she sleeps next to it.)

So I guess you wouldn't want to get me mad, heehee, just kidding. I usually am busy to deal with religion, but I do mess with dark powers allot. (only cause dark powers rule) I even know a few people who study dark powers over religion. I'm not saying that I'm an Anti Christ (oh heavens no) I just don't thing all the things in the Bible are true. The Bible contradicts allot. I mean one bible says that homosexuality is wrong, yet it also says God loves all creatures, and doesn't discriminate.

So as a question of Religion, I wouldn't know. So I'll just choose Wicca. As I said before, Dark powers rule! But seriously, Wiccans aren't evil, and I can still practice dark powers while worshiping God or Gods (if I wasn't so questionable on there being one). I don't seriously care what religion you are, as long as you don't pass it on me. So I could basically be friends with a devil worshiper, as long as he doesn't try to make me focus on his religion.

~Blaze is busy. Do NOT disturb

Current project: Blaze: Dark Legends
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze18 wrote:
I don't fully believe in the powers of God, nor am I against him. I'm more into dark magics, and occults. So I guess that would make me a Wicca. I do study spells (when I'm board) and I wear mostly black. I guess you COULD call me a spell caster of the night, he he he. But that's not true either. Well I voted Wicca, because Wicca are cool. Even my Mom has a spell book (no lie, she sleeps next to it.)

So I guess you wouldn't want to get me mad, heehee, just kidding. I usually am busy to deal with religion, but I do mess with dark powers allot. (only cause dark powers rule) I even know a few people who study dark powers over religion. I'm not saying that I'm an Anti Christ (oh heavens no) I just don't thing all the things in the Bible are true. The Bible contradicts allot. I mean one bible says that homosexuality is wrong, yet it also says God loves all creatures, and doesn't discriminate.

So as a question of Religion, I wouldn't know. So I'll just choose Wicca. As I said before, Dark powers rule! But seriously, Wiccans aren't evil, and I can still practice dark powers while worshiping God or Gods (if I wasn't so questionable on there being one). I don't seriously care what religion you are, as long as you don't pass it on me. So I could basically be friends with a devil worshiper, as long as he doesn't try to make me focus on his religion.

~Blaze is busy. Do NOT disturb

That isn't Wicca, FYI.

But I'll adjust the statistics, so don't worry about it.
DanielJacksonMPC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a Diest at the moment. Basically, an agnostic who's made up his mind. There is some form of diety. And I'm grateful for this diety creating me. That's about it.

On a side note, I do believe in the existence of magic, spirits, and whatnot, as I have seen proof of the true existence of both.
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze18 wrote:
The Bible contradicts allot. I mean one bible says that homosexuality is wrong, yet it also says God loves all creatures, and doesn't discriminate.

Uh, regardless of what you think of homosexuality, this isn't a contradiction.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody understands sarcasm these days.
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, it's easy to do over the internet!

Seriously though, ... (removed for possibly causing a debate) ... simply because of howmany rewrites the Bible has gone through, Blaze18 has a valid point (whether they realize it or not).
no_shot
Surpasses you in poetical prowess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

No it's not!
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no_shot wrote:
Quote:

No it's not!

And that just proves my point about sarcasm. Don't you know a sarcastic remark when you read it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: