Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

NKR: What does that stand for?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: NKR: What does that stand for? Reply with quote

The next game project by Realmsoft Interactive America: Neo Krysta Reborn! Right now, it's marinating in idea development before production will begin (actually, that's an excuse to finish .hack//OHR first). It's an abstract sci-fi/fantasy adventure with kick-butt action sequences, .wav file music (still composed by me, though), and cinemas as well as voice acting!!!
I won't reveal the story or anything about it just yet, but I will tell you this much, it's one of the most insanely original ideas we've ever had! As you know from reading the preceding paragraph, this game will not be made with OHRRPGCE, but rather with RPG2k (for voice acting reasons and such)! I just feel that with the few limitations OHR has, that this project could not be made in its fullness.
Although the music will be original (some of it was recorded from MIDIs that I made on my $300 Casio, and some were done on the $3,300 Korg Triton that I use on my church's Adult Worship Team.) I will feature some tracks from real artists, such as:
-A handful of tracks by VegasChurchBoy, a christian techno artist
-"Letter from Adrienne" by Underoath, a christian metal band
- "Click, Click, Boom!" from Saliva, you all know
-And I'm still browing through Project86 tracks and Benjamin's Gate tracks

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice Cast List:

Skye Rakudo - George R. Powell (Setu Firestorm .....me)
Kid - Brian Buyea (Chaz VanLanden)
Skye Vigil - Jordan Frazier
Dr. Shitoro - Dave Aumiller (Jack Slater)
Skye Podera - Jessica Park (Character Designer for NK3)

and I still have some uncasted parts...

By the way, as for NK3, if Sir Phoenix calls me from College, or e-mails me, I'll try to get the details of NK3 so I can remake it or pick up where he left off)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me wants to do the voices of the people in the villages who say "Welcome to (town name)!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually been meaning to ask this question for over a year now, but...

In the first Neo Krysta game, is there anything past the underground training camp?

If I remember the gameplay correctly, first you fight a bunch of stuff in the abandoned warehouse, then you go to the rebel camp, and then you follow some guy around the camp, and that's it. I was never able to leave the camp.

Was that a bug, or was that just the end of the game?

Don't get me wrong, I thought the first game was cool, but I was annoyed that there wasn't much to it after that scene.

Just wondering.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say, if you guys still need a voice actor, I'm volunteering. I've voice acted for things before; most notably a couple pilot episodes for cartoon shows. Niether of them made it, but that was due more to plot and idea, rather than the voice actors. My voice is very deep though, so if you need someone with that deep of a voice, I'm your man. Oookay...
Chaz VanLanden
I believe its a Cat god...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Chaz freaks out in amazement What?!?!
Wow.... No ones said anything mean. When Setu put this up I started to worry because of the fact that I heared rumors that people didn't like RPG2K. ( I guess the voice actting thing made people happy! Big grin )

About Neo Krysta. I think that was a bug in the skripting. ( Setu correct me If you know) Click on Setu profile to go to our site and get the real downloud. It should get you further.

* Pokes PIcaR

You've done voice actting for cartoons? This is I think my secound attempt at a voice actting thing. The last one was with Phoenix Drake's Quest for the Orb. ( Which I'm thinking of re-writting it) I hopping to make games of them soon. ( As soon as I get the time to sit down and re-design it.)
Nagatoki
From Shadow to Light

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fourth Neo Krysta game?

Thank you for enlightening me on the fact that you do still plan to do something about three. I absolutely adored the way you guys did NK3, and I would sincerely be disappointed if you just let it slip away.

As for NKReborn, I have one thing to say:
After playing the Adventures of Hoshima and reading your posts, generally showing that you're a comical kind of guy, I think it would be interesting to see you make something serious...
...you know I'm waiting for a demo of this new addition to the saga!
Nagatoki
From Shadow to Light

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Setu, I'm curious...
...is there any way you could record short clips of your music for us to hear, or is that all a secret, too?
I'm curious as to what music you've written for this project, because by far, I've found you to be the best original music composer in the OHR community (no offense to anyone else).
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIKES!
I'm surprised the pies aren't flying! Well, *cracks his knuckles* let the answering begin!

Squall- I'm only having voice acting on the major scenes (which needless to say, there are a lot of them), but I'll let you know when I have the list of uncasted parts.

PIcarDMPC- my faithful and loyal fan (..I guess..just kidding), I didn't even think about getting people in Castle Paradox to do the voices, but that's not too shabby of an idea. I have another thing to say, but I'll say it after I finish answering everyone else.

Pepsi Ranger- In all honesty, Sir Phoenix knew the highways and byways of NK1, I just wrote the music to it (I didn't even get to do the freakin' anime.....Lydon SUCKS!! ..Kidding!) If you had an earlier version of the game, I think Sir Phoenix found a bug in the underground camp and fixed it. On the game list, there's a newer version of it that is completely beatable. I believe it has a par gameplay time of 2 hours.

Nagatoki- Yes I do plan on remaking NK3 once Sir Phoenix contacts me, and yes this story is quite serious. It's actually got a bit of a dark tone to it. To put it any other way, think of Final Fantasy 7 mixed with Metal Gear Solid and Bubblegum Crisis, and there you have the basic atmosphere of the story ( I know you authors watch out for those kind of things. My English teacher, Mrs. Dull, always did) And yes, I suppose I could post up small clips of music, since I just had the CD done on 5 of the Korg Tracks I made. I'll see what I can do.

Getting back to the potential voice actors, I'm leaving this Saturday for Indiana, and I'm taking a little book with me to write the script in, and what I'll do is type it in text, post it on a secret page on Realmsoft's site, and PM you with the URL. I hope you have a computer mic handy, and if you could get a webpage, post your .wav file lines and send me the URL to download or something.
Anyway, I'll stop talking now, since I just posted a 4MB post here (lol)

PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I'll set up that site in a day or so, when I get the chance. I have a mic handy; that's how I did the voice acting for the cartoons, via sound files from the internet.
Chaz VanLanden
I believe its a Cat god...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... Your hands must hurt.

I still can't wait for this project to start! We're just waiting for the script.

* Throws up pinaples and shouts

PIcaR is on the cast now!!! WHAHAHAhoo!

Just 1 question... Setu who will he be?

* Begins to Cross his fingers thinking of who he thinks he is.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, what about me and my beatiful singing voice?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaz -- I need to sit down and write this stuff down before I can honestly begin casting. I'd love for PIcarDMPC to be on cast (that'd be quite cool).
I may replace Jordan with his voice as Skye Vigil, `cause seeing Jordan's becoming a rarity nowadays.
If I do use you, though, I'm going to have to call you by your real name. I'm doing that with all the voice actors, so you'll have to be called Matt Carpenter.

And Squall, I probably could use you too. I'll let you guys know what I come up with when I get back. Toodles!

PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I happen to prefer being called Matt online, instead of PIcaRDMPC, so go right ahead. The only problem with people calling me Matt here is that they'd confuse me with Squall...
Anyway, I'll be eagerly awaiting the script so I know my part in the game.
Rpeanut
Chop Chop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:11 am    Post subject: SIt and watch Reply with quote

ANd I'll just sit and watch,... even though, I should be working on my game... Oookay... eh, too busy wit school but summer breaks coming, HEE HEE HEE, Grade 9 next year.... By the way those anyone here live in Durham, Ontario, Canada? I just noticed some of the best games have two people working together... I'm so alone here Really confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: