Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

My entrance to Castle Paradox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaz VanLanden
I believe its a Cat god...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Taps a pen on his chin.
Intresting to see this many people that are christians here...
* He scratchs the side of his head.
I didn't know that this would become a big stir. I agree with Nagatoki. Though the Churchs seems a bit diffrent, it's not the Church, it's the people... Everything in life is decied with a choice. People make choises and it changes everything about the way a thing is run. The Cathloic church having two sides: Roman and Cathloic, Baptists not beleaving in the gift of toungues, a budist/christian mix religion... Everything like that.
By the by... Christians are tolerent... Just the people aren't

Anyway... There only one way to know for sure... and don't research it... Try it.

* Pokes Komera
HEY! Intresting to know!

Anyway Since how long have you've been saved? (Question Directed to all)
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepsi Ranger's Summer Reading List:

Actually I already finished one of these books about a month ago, and the other one I have just one chapter to finish, so I guess you could call this the late Spring Reading List. But in any case I'd recommend to any of you who are serious about the subject matters to give these a read.

Book #1:

"The Purpose Driven Life"
by Rick Warren

Essentially this book outlines the whole reason for life--in that we were made for God's pleasure, for God's family, for becoming like Christ, for serving God, and for fulfilling a mission. Naturally there is far more to it than this simple paraphrase, but that's the essence of this book. It's broken up into a forty-day reading plan since forty is typically the number associated with major transformations.

My whole church has been going through the "40 Days of Purpose" series, so there's been discussions and such to follow the readings, so if any of you check this one out, you may want to read it with a group of people so you got something to talk about.

Book #2:

"Wild at Heart"
by John Eldredge

Perhaps my favorite book in years, this one explores the heart and soul of man and reminds us why God made us with an adventurous, heroic, and even aggressive spirit. It also outlines examples on how to reclaim our "manliness" in a culture that has tried to emasculate us (make us into women). There is also a heavy reference to the importance of being a father and husband, and not just an office slave. It also addresses the brokenness and fear that most of us feel in trying to be a man (to stand up for ourselves, to effectively love our wives, to speak up in the face of injustice, etc.) This is a must-read for all guys who wonder why in the world we have lost passion in our lives, and a must-read for girls who just want to understand where we're coming from.

It does by the way outline a few things about women, so if you really want to know...

And just for the record, I read the entire thing outdoors (beach, park, and backyard). Best place to read a book like this.

If any of you are serious about growing up in Christianity (or even in life), these are a couple study guides that can help assist you...

But they're no substitute for the Bible, so read that too.

Okay, Pepsi Ranger's reading list is now concluded. Thank you for your time.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: This server is terrible Reply with quote

Okay, I'd just assume delete this message, but seeing as how this was a second posting of the one above, and that I can't delete it because there are no options to delete it (that I can find), and because I think it's pointless to have the same message twice, I'm just changing the message to this so that you all don't have to experience deja vu on my account.

In other words, sorry for the double-post. Normally my response doesn't call up a "Failure to Send Email DEBUG Screen" window, so I wasn't sure if the first message got through.

Yay Castle Paradox!!! Pissed off!

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2

Last edited by Pepsi Ranger on Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Komera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not answering the "how long" question because in my mind the timeframe of my youth is one big blur. Things I remember could have happened in any of seven years. Only the size I remember myself at prevents me from associating an 8 year old's memory with my 5th year of life. That I was a child then should be good enough for you.

Also: a belief or disbelief in tongues is not the defining factor of Baptism. It is that Baptists believe that only beyond the age of reason should be baptised... by full submersion. The last time I checked, Baptists do believe in the gift of tongues, they just believe that someone else with the gift of interpretation must be present or else the gift of tongues is meaningless.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's foolish for anyone to not like another religion (like Wiccan) because of their customs or beliefs. And since there's no proof of any witchcraft even working, it's ridiculous how many people believe it's evil and out to get them. The only religions I wouldn't like are ones that involve something like human sacrifice...
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only hate the ideas of Christianity. Not its people or the religion itself.
Komera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate is an awfully strong word. Are you sure it's hate?

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're talking about MCW here. I'm pretty sure he means a strong dislike; he's just saying it in his own way.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, man. Straight to the point.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate isn't a strong word. I probably use it several hundred times a day. Despise or detest, now those are strong words.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings on the subject of Christians being "evil". Probably my nature as a furry or something equally ironic. In any case, I can best sum up my position on that matter by paraphrasing the Get of Fenris's opinion. (Ha! Werewolf: the Apocalypse reference!)

Basically, for every so called follower of "White Christ" that slandered God's name, stole from their neighbor, and corrupted the meaning of Christ's message, there was another Christian that loved their family and neighbors, who was hard working, and never disrespected another's opinions.

I'll just close out by saying that you've got to take the bad with the good, even if you don't particularily LIKE it.

::Zips muzzle::
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir's got it. No one can say they hate any one group of people, because there's always something or someone good in them. I used to say I was an atheist and "hated" religion, but now I've realized that it's absolutely useless to hate anyone. Currently I'm agnostic, and every religious person has my full support. As I see it, if you're religous, more power to ya. At least you ave something to have faith in. As an atheist, one tends to become depressed with the world and begins to hate everyone who believes in any mythological subjects. Once I realized I really couldn't go through life hating people, atheism became an utter stupidity. Being agnostic, you can take everyone's religion in an objective light. And, as an added bonus, I can celebrate any holiday I want to without dealing with the parts of religion I dislike (worshipping, sinning, confessing, fasting, et cetera).
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Fenrir and Me are right. I used to be an athiest myself, and I was depressed for the longest time. Now I don't identify myself with a particular religion, but I'm not athiest--I'm somewhere in the middle, if that's possible.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... aetheism doesn't necesarily mean you get angry or depressed. I'm agnostic, but I'm leaning aetheist, since I believe pretty much only in science. It doesn't mean you don't like any other religions. I celebrate Christmas with my father's parents, and Jewish holidays like Chanuka, Passover, Yom Kippur with my parents. I'll read things from the Torah or Bible for special occasions. I just don't take an avid interest in it.
Rinku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And of course some people here are megalomaniacs.
*coughRINKUcough*"

you're so full of awe when you say my name that you can't help but cough? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: