Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

My entrance to Castle Paradox
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagatoki
From Shadow to Light

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: My entrance to Castle Paradox Reply with quote

Greetings, OHR community. I am Nagatoki, author and poet. I wish for my real name to remain unknown, as I don't want anyone raving about me. I hope to meet some new people here.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I dun said it once, and I'll dun say it again ....if that's right..I dunno

Anyways, Welcome to Castle Paradox, Nagatoki!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, by the way,
I also couldn't help but notice that you're a Christian. It's good to see that there's another brother/sister in Christ in hangin' around this community.

.....Chaz, Jack_Slater, and I were starting to feel alone....

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chaz VanLanden
I believe its a Cat god...

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... If'n youa be afoolen witha my namea Setua... I'ma goina have towa hurta you.... Welcome Nagatoki.

* Throws candy in the air singin with a Kazoo in his mouth Five Iron Frenzys "Super Powers"
Nagatoki
From Shadow to Light

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my brother, I am indeed a Christian.
...and if it helps you any, I would be your "sister"...just in case you didn't know.

I am please to meet you two.
Rpeanut
Chop Chop

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Hey Nagatoki Reply with quote

Hello, welcome to this place, it is nice, me am Christian too...... <looks around for something to say>..... well,,,, goodbye Ha ha ha! <runs away>, <falls into a manhole> OWWWW!!! &^^&*&$^$$*&%$* 'NAM-it!!
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

You know, I already like you. :points to the avatar:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My my my... all these posts that say they were posted on the 30th,... and I'm still on the 29th.

I'd like to point out that there are more Christians here than you guys seem to think.

*Points to supreme gryphonly self.*

And of course some people here are megalomaniacs.

*coughRINKUcough*

I made it a habit of NOT visiting Zant's religion & philosophy forum because making an RPG is more fun than regularly getting into arguments. I don't talk about it much because I don't have the gift of evangelism, and thus any effort on my part would backfire.

Like I said... who would rather listen to me sing a hymn over making an rpg...

*cricket cricket cricket cricket...*

I thought so.

ANYWAY! Welcome to Castle Paradox, Nagatoki.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me jumps on the "telling people that he's christian" bandwagon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people in the OHR community are Christian (or once were, at least). I'm not, but at least nearly everyone I know in real life is Christian.
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally am not affiliated with any religion right now, but one thing I don't like about Christianity is the fact that it considers Wiccans, as in the Wicca religion, the name for the true practitioners of witchcraft, as Devil-worshippers and evil people, and they are most certainly not. I should know; my sister is a Wiccan. In fact, very few people know what true witchcraft is actually about. I can't give too much information, because I don't have it, but I can assure you there is no Devil worshipping or attempts at transforming people, or any sort of magic that could be construed as evil. I would reccommend a Wiccan author's books for a lot of information. They are certainly full of it. The books are by Silver Ravenwolf. Witchcraft is not the evil thing it's made out to be. People would know that if they actually did research on it. I am actually considering becoming a Wiccan myself, although I'm far from deciding that yet.

Oh, one more thing: Wiccans do not believe in the existence of Hell or Satan. To them, evil does not truly exist; it can only have power if it is given a name.
Komera

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! No! Not *gasp* STEREOTYPING!!!!

In my youth, the Youth Minister of my church (he's now the Pastor) directed the youth group to take a careful look at other denominations and religions, and pick the one that we liked the best. His belief was that if we stuck with a denomination that we didn't like, it would do more harm to us... and plus studying and understanding other denominations/religions could only benifit us in the long run. And while I did stick with my current denomination (it most closely matched my beliefs of all the available choices in this area), I certainly did not limit myself on what my friends and family had to believe. My best friend of my high school days is Wiccan, and so is my spouse (well... actually self described as "a non-practicing wiccan").
Maybe it's just me, maybe I have the right additude (or not), or maybe I'm just looser because I'm the child of a Baptist and a Buddhist, and lived next door to a Christmas loving Jew ( Really confused ) in a Mormon town, quite literally a stone's throw from the Apache reservation (crown dancers, clown dancers, and rain dances). Wow, now isn't that screwed?

I'm not telling this to tell you about me... I dislike stereotypes. The reason that there are so many different Christian denominations is that not all Christians think alike. To assume so would be like saying all politicians think alike... and anyone who's ever listened to politics for more than five minutes could tell you otherwise.

PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I wasn't stereotyping, or at least I didn't mean to come across that way. I dislike stereotypes as well. I was merely pointing out that the tenets of the religion itself--not Christians--is what said that. I apologize, Komera, if I insulted you, or anyone with what I said. I hadn't meant to. My main point is that the basic tenets of most religions refuse to tolerate other religions. Now, this usually doesn't apply to the person that practices the religion in question. The only religions I've heard of that has it's basic tenets tolerating other religions would be Islam and Sikhism. No others had their basic tenets tolerating other religions; to the people who made the religions, it's their way, or the highway.
I also know that most people today, irregardless of what religion they follow, don't listen to things like that. Those are the original tenets of the religion, and they are tenets that don't apply today. So again, I apologize for any offense I've caused.
Komera

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another for your list:

Vodao. Frequently mispronounced as Voodoo. Religious tolerance is one of its corner stones, and ironically one of the big reasons why others (I too refer to doctrine and not the practitioner in this instance) strive to strike Vodao down. Though it's still just a wee bit too macabre for me.

Nagatoki
From Shadow to Light

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Komera. I don't like stereotyping all that well either. It's just not fair to those who are, in fact, different than the majority. Anyway, PIcarDMPC, I don't consider Wiccans evil, they are just deceived. Wiccans make mistakes and sin, and so do I, and so does Setu, Komera, and everyone else. That is why we need a Savior!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: